Texas Hunting Forum

I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school

Posted By: clear creek 89

I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/10/16 02:11 PM

So I'm going to taxidermy school in January and need a cape to go with my antlers I'm mounting. The antlers are a set of sheds scoring 225 from a breeder buck. I would want the cape to have a big neck so if anyone comes across one I would be willing to buy it thanks
Posted By: Trophy Case Taxidermy

Re: I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/10/16 02:57 PM

Whst taxidermy school doesn't provide capes?

Re: I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/11/16 12:48 AM

They do just not big enough necks on them
Posted By: wildsidetaxi

Re: I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/11/16 09:14 PM

Where are you going to school at? And does it need to be tanned or a green cape?

Re: I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/12/16 12:56 AM

Central Texas school of taxidermy and it would be awesome if it was already tanned!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/12/16 02:15 PM

You can get green capes in Decator at Hunters Choice processing.
Posted By: wildsidetaxi

Re: I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/12/16 05:12 PM

That's awesome. I went there also. Jason Bynum is a good instructor. It will be a lot of info but remember he will be teaching you the basics. So much is learned outside the class room. You may want to check with him about having time to tan your hide if you are taking he two week course.
I will see what I can come up with by Christmas or so. Getting a tanned hide will always cost you more.
But check with your local processors.
Or go to taxidermy.net. You can find almost anything you want pretty easy on here. Just depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Re: I need a whitetail cape for taxidermy school - 11/12/16 05:44 PM

Yea he's been real helpful so far. I used my gi bill to pay for it which I thought was going to be hell trying to get the paperwork done right but he he had it done in no time. As far as the cape we talked about the ones he provides but they just wouldn't big big enough for a deer of the size that I'm mounting but any help is greatly appreciated!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum