Texas Hunting Forum

Cost To Fix a Tine and Euro Cost

Posted By: Stompy

Cost To Fix a Tine and Euro Cost - 10/26/16 09:39 PM

I have an Elk I shot this year and he has 3 eye guards on each side. One of the eye guards (the small ones) is broke and it's about 7" long. What should it cost to repair the eye guard?

Also, I'm wanting a Euro mount done on a wood plaque, Outfitter has already boiled and cleaned the head (head might need just a little more cleaning) what would be the cost for that?

Thanks
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Cost To Fix a Tine and Euro Cost - 10/26/16 10:40 PM

Repairing a tine is going to run $65 and up per inch depending on taxidermist.
Depending on extra cleaning on euro it could be $25 and up, really depends on what else it needs done. Plaque depends on what you want. Check out Taxidermist Woodshop, google it, he is here in TX and has different styles and different wood types to choose from. Prices are listed.
Nice bull by the way cheers saw it in your other post.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Cost To Fix a Tine and Euro Cost - 10/26/16 11:03 PM

$455 to fix a 7" tine, that seems awfully expensive.

Thanks crosshare
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Cost To Fix a Tine and Euro Cost - 10/27/16 12:51 AM

Stompy, I know one guy up Dallas way that was charging $100 per inch back in 2012. I've retired from the business cause my hands can't do the work anymore, but I'd bet $65 and up is going to be the range. I'm sure there are still some guys that will charge a flat rate to fix it but they are probably few and far. Hopefully someone still doing it will chime in, worse case is I gave you sticker shock and then they will seem cheap! up
Posted By: mctaxidermy

Re: Cost To Fix a Tine and Euro Cost - 10/29/16 01:39 PM

Give me a shout
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum