Texas Hunting Forum

Shipping a Whitetail shoulder mount to Quebec.....help needed!

Posted By: Jon B

Shipping a Whitetail shoulder mount to Quebec.....help needed! - 09/14/16 10:08 PM

Hey guys, I had friend come down from Québec last year to hunt. He killed a buuck and wanted it mounted. Originally the taxidermist said he would ship it after it was completed. The mount is finished and paid for but the taxidermist decided he didn't want to ship it. So now I am stuck with this mount and need to figure out how to get it to its owner in Canada. I have googled it and have gotten conflicting answers on what needs to be done.It appears the rules are very different if yoy are not the one who killed the animal. Can anyone give me an idea of what I need to do to get this thing across the border. Any help is appreciated!
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Shipping a Whitetail shoulder mount to Quebec.....help needed! - 09/15/16 01:44 PM

Check with other taxidermists and see what they suggest. Sort of crappy that the original taxidermist decided he did not want to ship after the fact. Maybe that says something about the process of shipping to Quebec.
Posted By: TnT Taxidermist

Re: Shipping a Whitetail shoulder mount to Quebec.....help needed! - 09/15/16 02:19 PM

contact Coppersmith logistics, I believe they have an office in dallas. They can tell you how to go about getting it into canada
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Shipping a Whitetail shoulder mount to Quebec.....help needed! - 09/15/16 02:21 PM

Just ship it up labeled as home decor. Basically all it is anyway.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Shipping a Whitetail shoulder mount to Quebec.....help needed! - 09/15/16 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
Just ship it up labeled as home decor. Basically all it is anyway.

^ This
Posted By: Erny

Re: Shipping a Whitetail shoulder mount to Quebec.....help needed! - 09/18/16 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: TnT Taxidermist
contact Coppersmith logistics, I believe they have an office in dallas. They can tell you how to go about getting it into canada

This is what I would do as well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum