Texas Hunting Forum

North Texas Taxidermist needed

Posted By: Monster_Raxx

North Texas Taxidermist needed - 05/19/16 06:36 PM

I stopped deer hunting and scheduled a mountain lion hunt in Idaho. What I wanna know is who does good life size mounts?
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: North Texas Taxidermist needed - 05/20/16 12:29 AM

Heads Above the Rest in Clifton, Tx but you will pay for the best.
Posted By: Monster_Raxx

Re: North Texas Taxidermist needed - 05/20/16 02:17 AM

if I'm going on a hunt Idaho I might as well pay for a great mount
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: North Texas Taxidermist needed - 05/20/16 02:21 AM

up
Posted By: jaustin

Re: North Texas Taxidermist needed - 05/21/16 12:19 PM

Jerry Huffaker is one of the best "cat" guys there is. he will work with you on the pose and attitude and keep you up to date on your mounts progress. He will also deliver your mount and help you set it up if you would like. He posts as huftax on this site and as Jerry Huffaker on Accurate Reloading. Take a look at his work on these sites and see what you think.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: North Texas Taxidermist needed - 05/21/16 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: jaustin
Jerry Huffaker is one of the best "cat" guys there is. he will work with you on the pose and attitude and keep you up to date on your mounts progress. He will also deliver your mount and help you set it up if you would like. He posts as huftax on this site and as Jerry Huffaker on Accurate Reloading. Take a look at his work on these sites and see what you think.

Very well known and respected. He has 4 of mine from Mozambique currently. I'd planned on him doing a leopard for me, but the leopard didn't cooperate.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: North Texas Taxidermist needed - 05/26/16 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: jaustin

I've never met him, but a good friend uses him and his mounts are perfect. He posts pictures on here and on FB all the time of his cats, and I've never seen anybody do better. Most others are not even close. Cats are very hard to get the face right, most come out looking silly. His look amazing!!!! I got lucky and found a guy half an hour away that is also very good. I don't know about his skill at cats, so I'm not going to mention him because of that. He's great at heads, and African stuff, which was my main priority. If I hadn't of found him, and I had been looking for months, I was going to have Huffaker do all my work. He's 4 hours away from me, but I would have driven it for his quality of work.
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: North Texas Taxidermist needed - 06/06/16 04:34 PM

Alpha Taxidermy (972) 743-1712
www.alphataxidermy.com Check out the gallery he has a few cats in there . These guys are good.
The antelope in his gallery is mine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum