Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail

Posted By: Tvilbig

Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail - 12/30/15 08:39 PM

Shot a decent buck during the winter storm in the panhandle these last few days and its going on the wall with a full shoulder mount. It had alot of green bark from the mesquites it had been scraping on left around the gnarly parts of its brow tines and I was hoping to find a taxidermist who was interested in recreating that look on the antlers. Along with keeping the rest of the color as close as possible to how it was when he was shot.
I'm not an animal artist like some of you but I would imagine some creativity and some flocking could recreate the look without too much trouble and it would look good from a few feet away.
Let me know if I'm crazy and this can't be done or if you're interested in doing the work send me a pm.

Posted By: Trophy Case Taxidermy

Re: Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail - 12/31/15 02:29 AM

Pm sent. Thx
Posted By: wildsidetaxi

Re: Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail - 01/04/16 01:48 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: Tvilbig

Re: Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail - 01/04/16 02:40 AM

Ended up going with trophy case taxidermy in Aubrey. Looking forward to getting her back in several months. Thanks for all the responses from everyone it wasn't an easy choice for who to go with.
Posted By: Trophy Case Taxidermy

Re: Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail - 01/04/16 04:09 AM

Nice chatting w ya today. Looking forward to getting ur buck mounted up!
Posted By: Bowtech1233

Re: Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail - 01/07/16 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Tvilbig
Ended up going with trophy case taxidermy in Aubrey. Looking forward to getting her back in several months. Thanks for all the responses from everyone it wasn't an easy choice for who to go with.

You won't regret it! I'll be looking forward to the pictures!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Looking for a taxidermist around DFW for a unique idea on a whitetail - 01/10/16 01:57 AM

Kaleb's GREAT!!! deer2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum