Texas Hunting Forum

Fortson's Taxidermy

Posted By: the lab

Fortson's Taxidermy - 04/20/15 03:36 AM

I have had a LOT of bad luck with taxidermists over the years and have ended up with my feelings hurt on more then one occasion. I believe the taxidermist may be the single most important piece of the "hunting pie". It is the taxidermist that you are entrusting your memories to.

It is for that reason that I feel like I needed to let people know about Rob Fortson and Fortson's taxidermy in Robinson Tx. He is EVERYTHING anyone could ask for from a taxidermist. His prices are very competitive and his turn around time is AMAZING! I dropped of a fallow, a blackbuck and a nice ram on Oct 7th and they are on the wall here in Washington state today. Now that is all well and good, but his work is FANTASTIC!!! I was in awe as I looked as some of the other mounts he had in his shop. Mr. Fortson is very friendly and went the extra mile to help us safely load our mounts for the long drive home.

I was equally impressed that when we showed up, we found a taxidermist actively working on mounts and even after we had our mount loaded he went right back to working on the mount he had on the table. I hunt in Kosse Texas with my good friend and ranch owner Kelly Bounds of Double K Outfitters and I will (if I can continue to shoot straight) be using Fortson's taxidermy for years to come. Check them out, you wont be disappointed.
Posted By: the lab

Re: Fortson's Taxidermy - 04/20/15 03:36 AM

sorry about the pic being on its side
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Fortson's Taxidermy - 04/20/15 01:23 PM

I've used Fortsons a few times for processing when I did not have time to do it myself and have always been pleased. They are very nice people and very well priced for the basic cut, etc. Glad you are happy with your trophies.
Posted By: txduckguy

Re: Fortson's Taxidermy - 06/03/15 08:33 AM

He did great work on a trophy deer I sent him.
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Fortson's Taxidermy - 07/27/15 03:51 AM

He does all of mine. A great guy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum