Texas Hunting Forum

Pro level clay throwers - which is best?

Posted By: Ramball36

Pro level clay throwers - which is best? - 02/13/18 04:57 AM

I need durability, reliability, and ability to run off of 12 volt power and wireless remotes. These machines he’s will he bounced down the road a good bit, currently I’ve been looking at MEC, Promatic, and Atlas. Probably will need 2 or 3 that are stationary and 1 with a wobble on it.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Pro level clay throwers - which is best? - 02/13/18 06:39 AM

Ramball, I have a Atlas At-50 with the wobble kit. It is a GREAT thrower, never had a problem with it and they have a really, really good pr if you have any questions about anything. This last year I was introduced to Sporting Clays and they had LaPorte throwers at the place I shot at and that is what I'm going with now. The Atlas is the best" back yard" thrower to me. 2cents
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Pro level clay throwers - which is best? - 02/13/18 12:13 PM

Good to know billy. On these I’m really more concerned with durability than price, these throwers will be mounted to a trailer with really only a rubber bushing to help ease the jolting. I’m needing something that will hold up the best to the abuse.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Pro level clay throwers - which is best? - 02/14/18 07:18 AM

Ramball, when I said back yard thrower its just a saying I have heard. Mine is on a trailer, Ill get a pic. Like I said I'm going to LaPorte this year it is more of a commercial/heavy duty. The man I talked to is from Costal Sporting Clays. But Atlas does have the same and they are made in Benton KS.
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: Pro level clay throwers - which is best? - 02/14/18 03:48 PM

The Texas State Sporting Clays Championship will be in San Angelo May 30th - June 3rd. MEC and Promatic vendors will most likely be there.

Mike McAlpine lives in San Angelo, he has been a target setter for 30 years. He knows machines.

Also, some of the big shoots bring in new machines. They throw targets for the week and are then sold at a discount.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum