Texas Hunting Forum

New Sporting Clays course by TMS

Posted By: tuf-duc

New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 06/29/17 01:50 AM

The Youth Target Foundation has opened up a new Sporting Clay Club just a couple miles east of The race track off hwy 114. Ive been told the Grand opening is this weekend and clay shooting is half off. Gonna have to go out to check the place out. Thats about 15 minutes from my house.
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 06/29/17 02:29 AM

I'm planning on going.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 06/29/17 12:28 PM

Yep, I'm planning on trying it out. Now if my shooting buddy don't flake out on me.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 06/29/17 01:11 PM

I need new shooting buddies! I don't live far from there. All my clay shootin friends have moved or are always "busy." I'm no pro, but I love going.

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 06/29/17 06:35 PM

I plan on being there 9-9:30. I'll have a Ranger with me and possibly 1 buddy. I got a feeling he's gonna go to the lease this weekend tho. If anybody wants to join up, I'll have 2 or possibly 3 seats in the Ranger.
Posted By: clayguy

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/01/17 09:25 PM

Give it a try and decide for yourself.

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/02/17 01:49 PM

Pretty tough report, clayguy. I thought they were doing a pretty good job. It seems they are doing the best they can with limited resources and manpower. This whole deal was set up because they were running out of places for school teams to shoot. The Youth Target Foundation needs all the help and support it can get. There's just not enough of us old fat white guys to carry the sport forward. We need these kids in there. Yes, Elm Fork is set up better but it didn't just get started either. And BTW, Scott Robertson's BIL and Mother are running this thing. The stations are close but none of them shoot back towards each other. Also, they have 160 acres there they will be working with. The skeet and trap were temporary. They are still working on them. They have lost 3 weeks work due to rain. You do whatever you want, I'll support them and the good job they are doing. No, it won't be the only place I shoot but it will go in the rotation. On a little bragging note, I shot a 94 yesterday. I'm pumped.
Posted By: clayguy

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/02/17 05:02 PM

Nice shooting poison. I read my post and agree it was a little rough.
I'll let people decide for themselves.
Thanks.
Posted By: Sweese

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/08/17 01:44 PM

What is the name and address of the place?

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/09/17 10:20 PM

DFW Adventure Park
I don't have an address
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/10/17 01:15 AM

DFW Clay Target Sports

13055 Cleveland Gibbs Road, Northlake, TX, 76262

It shares the property with DFW Adventure Park.
Posted By: nocknload

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/31/17 09:11 PM

I'll be shooting in the Denton Republican Party shoot texas
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 07/31/17 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: nocknload
I'll be shooting in the Denton Republican Party shoot texas

more info please

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 08/01/17 01:34 AM

Can we shoot at snowflakes????
Posted By: nocknload

Re: New Sporting Clays course by TMS - 08/07/17 05:44 PM

I shot there Saturday. Great Sporting Clays course, very shady and cheaper than ElmFork. Its owned and ran by Scott Robertson's mom Genie and sister. The Sporting clays course is challenging. I like it and plan on going back. PS I shot a 73/100, got my rear kicked.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum