Texas Hunting Forum

Info on poetry shooting club

Posted By: caddokiller

Info on poetry shooting club - 07/10/16 03:49 PM

This is straight from their Facebook page.

Some asked if I favored confiscation .

Hell no I am not for all confiscation. I own a shooting club, I teach shooting, I am and have been a gun owner since 6 years of age. I am a gun person. I have family in law enforcement. AND I strongly support new common sense gun laws and stopping the NRA death grip on congress. I fully know that new laws will have limited affect immediately and we must do something. Doing nothing is insanity. Ban open carry of long guns in public. Require background checks on ALL gun transfers. Require a waiting period so our authorities have reasonable time to vet gun buyers. They now do the vetting in about 10 minutes and you have the gun. Ban magazines greater than 10 bullets. Ban the add on accessories available for the AR gun that make them shoot near fully automatic. require gun owners keep inventory of their guns and require all lost, stolen and mysterious disappearance to be reported. Allow police to ask to see permits of open carry pistol people. require annual or bi annual renewal of gun carry permits to allow for current vetting. Allow police to be able to run checks on carry guns for stolen guns... Agree none of these would stop the deranged individuals and they would give Law Enforcement a lot of new tools that they need. AND again to do nothing is nuts.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/11/16 01:07 PM

This is some BS. If you readily admit none of this would help, why cripple us with it? It's sad to see someone in a position like yours with such a moronic view, ShooterWalter.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/11/16 03:45 PM

You are not a gun person. You just posted a liberal gun control rant.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/11/16 04:08 PM

Mexico, Chicago, etc. have strict gun control laws. That's really working out well. rolleyes
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/13/16 03:25 PM

Walter, Walter, Walter, where in the world did you come up with that crap?

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/13/16 10:32 PM

And why haven't you showed up here to defend your position or crawfish?

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/14/16 02:17 PM

I see he's getting on his thread trying to drum up business.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/14/16 02:24 PM

I don't think spouting off this insanity on a hunting forum is going to help his business. Maybe he would feel more comfortable moving back up north to someplace like Chicago where he'll be safe from guns.
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/14/16 06:53 PM

What this has to do with the title of your post (Info on poetry shooting club). Am I missing something?

Originally Posted By: caddokiller
This is straight from their Facebook page.

Some asked if I favored confiscation .

Hell no I am not for all confiscation. I own a shooting club, I teach shooting, I am and have been a gun owner since 6 years of age. I am a gun person. I have family in law enforcement. AND I strongly support new common sense gun laws and stopping the NRA death grip on congress. I fully know that new laws will have limited affect immediately and we must do something. Doing nothing is insanity. Ban open carry of long guns in public. Require background checks on ALL gun transfers. Require a waiting period so our authorities have reasonable time to vet gun buyers. They now do the vetting in about 10 minutes and you have the gun. Ban magazines greater than 10 bullets. Ban the add on accessories available for the AR gun that make them shoot near fully automatic. require gun owners keep inventory of their guns and require all lost, stolen and mysterious disappearance to be reported. Allow police to ask to see permits of open carry pistol people. require annual or bi annual renewal of gun carry permits to allow for current vetting. Allow police to be able to run checks on carry guns for stolen guns... Agree none of these would stop the deranged individuals and they would give Law Enforcement a lot of new tools that they need. AND again to do nothing is nuts.
Posted By: TDK

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/14/16 07:35 PM

Those are the thoughts of the owner.
Posted By: Couzin

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/14/16 11:15 PM

Man's entitled to his opinion. Just as there are many that want no restrictions and/or background checks and constitutional carry, there are those that want all guns destroyed. I would hope the media or mean opinions (statistically speaking) would prevail.
Posted By: Kevin1

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/15/16 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: TDK
Those are the thoughts of the owner.

Got it. It's very unusual (and unfortunate) for a range owner in Tx to have this kind of opinion (like max 10 round mags?!)
Posted By: rickym

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/27/16 07:07 PM

I dont understand why yall are jumping on Caddokiller. The title says "info on poetry shooting club" and the first line of the post says "straight from THEIR facebook page". If anything he forgot to put quotes around the whole thing

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 07/28/16 03:30 PM

And Walter is posting everywhere but to this.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 08/13/16 01:16 AM

What a way to promote your shooting business.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 08/28/16 12:58 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 08/29/16 08:28 PM

I think its moronic to open carry a long gun. That just screams ignorance. The other stuff he listed, well i cant get on board with that either. To each his own. I dont think its going to help Walter's business. Ive been wanting to check his place out. Dont know if id ever get the chance, but his coming across anti 2nd amendment makes me not want to give him my money.

So is walter supporting hillary? Jk had to stoke the flames.
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 08/30/16 03:03 AM

I am very tempted to jump in as I am very good at going tit for tat and all of this is pointless.

I will leave you to yourselves. I am a nice 67 year old man had guns all my life and my ideas of common sense regulations of the 2nd make good sense unless you have bought into the NRA narrative and fear having your guns taken away and that's never going to happen and no body wants to take away guns.

I have a super great 700 yard range with low/no hassle, low prices and wonderful countryside setting. Come try out what we offer even if we disagree on some things.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 08/30/16 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: shooterwalter
I am very tempted to jump in as I am very good at going tit for tat and all of this is pointless.

I will leave you to yourselves. I am a nice 67 year old man had guns all my life and my ideas of common sense regulations of the 2nd make good sense unless you have bought into the NRA narrative and fear having your guns taken away and that's never going to happen and no body wants to take away guns.

I have a super great 700 yard range with low/no hassle, low prices and wonderful countryside setting. Come try out what we offer even if we disagree on some things.

I appreciate your stance and respect your right to have an opinion. I don't agree with your stances, I don't agree that there is a NRA narrative, I do believe there are forces that are working to chip away at gun owner rights and I strongly disagree that "no body wants to take away guns." While they won't come right out and take them because they understand the backlash that would follow, the politicians have laid out the plan very clearly and explained that it is a game that will take a couple of generations to complete but the cards are in place.

I am sure you have a great range and it is a great place for folks to go. I will exercise my right not to support organizations that aim to further gun control and limit my rights as a gun owner, but do wish you luck in your future endeavors sir cheers
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 08/30/16 12:54 PM

poisonivie.... Thank you for bumping this thread!!

You will NEVER get my business and I promise you I will spread the word. You can keep your opinions.....

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 08/30/16 04:04 PM

And they all said "Amen"!
Posted By: P_102

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 09/19/16 09:12 PM

Walters opinions are just that, his opinions, they have absolutely nothing to do with his business or the way he runs it.
Does he state 10 round magazines?, yes, but he allows whatever is legal on his range. I don't agree with some of his opinions either, but he does not let them influence how he runs his range and he does not preach those opinions on his customers. He simply answered a question with his personal thoughts. For those of you who want to 'spread the word' and hope to ruin his business, shame on you. P_102
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Info on poetry shooting club - 09/21/16 01:25 AM

And they all said "Amen"!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum