Texas Hunting Forum

Poetry Shooting Club

Posted By: GLC

Poetry Shooting Club - 01/24/15 12:30 AM

I spent some time at Poetry Shooting Club today on the rifle range. Windy and muddy as heck but had a good time. Real nice to make a reservation and have the range all to yourself. 100 to 700 yard berms. Walter is a great guy to go over and spend some time with. His setup is pretty nice. I also got a chance to use one of his camera systems. The camera is set up on a tripod near your targets and the receiver/display screen is on your shooting bench. Saves a whole lot of time running back and forth when you can see your impacts in real time on the screen. He also offers duck-quail-deer hunting on his place as well. I may have left something out. I will definitely be going back out there in the future. He also donated some free range time for the prize table that some of us will competing for tomorrow at the Hunting Rifle Challenge.
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Poetry Shooting Club - 01/28/15 02:33 AM

I've had their website saved to my favorites for a few months. I might check them out at some point.
Posted By: janie

Re: Poetry Shooting Club - 01/28/15 04:20 PM

Yup. Been out to Walter's and can't wait to get back. Beautiful property and having the range to yourself is a big +
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Poetry Shooting Club - 01/30/15 01:17 AM

Thank you GLC and Congratulations GLC for the nice 5th place finish at the HRC. looking forward to your next visit.

Thank you Janie and you have been away too long. Get some friends and bring a Subway Sand and get some trigger time.
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Poetry Shooting Club - 02/08/15 03:32 AM

Walter, I sent you a PM.

Re: Poetry Shooting Club - 02/26/15 03:17 AM

ttt

Re: Poetry Shooting Club - 03/28/15 03:06 AM

ttt

Re: Poetry Shooting Club - 04/12/15 01:47 AM

ttt