Texas Hunting Forum

What's on the smoker?

Posted By: twinbubba

What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 10:13 AM

I got a brisket, venison, and pork on the smoker at 5:00AM. What yall cooking?

Have a happy and safe 4TH'

God bless our men and women in uniform!!!
Posted By: Stub

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 10:28 AM

Put a brisket on the smoker using Pecan wood at 3:00 pm yesterday, pulled it off at 9:00 pm and into the fridge. Will wrap in butcher paper and finish it while smoking some yard bird up

Posted By: rickym

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 11:40 AM

Doin a half pork loin and some ribs when I get off work in a couple hours, gonna be fun with all this rain.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 11:43 AM

just got done putting the brisket on, maybe some ribs later, and if the coals hang in there some pork loin.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 12:04 PM

Ribs go on around 1300 hundred......
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 03:59 PM

The first wave is just coming off the smoker....
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Put a brisket on the smoker using Pecan wood at 3:00 pm yesterday, pulled it off at 9:00 pm and into the fridge. Will wrap in butcher paper and finish it while smoking some yard bird up

Temp at 225 is perfect..... chef

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

225 is where I try and keep it.

Jazzed it up a little with a light pasting of Worcestershire sauce, then a lite coating of leftover bacon grease wrapped in butcher paper and bake on the smoker for another 6 hours. Normally I would finish it in the oven but I have a lot of wood that needs to be burned and I did not want to heat the house up for 6 hours up
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 05:04 PM

Man I wish I had the pit fired up but it's raining pretty good here so no play time for me.
Posted By: North2AK

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 06:55 PM

Plate short ribs and a pork butt went on at 6 this morning. Wanted 225, but smoker has decided 235 and I'm tired of arguing with it over 10 degrees lol.

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Herbie Hancock
Man I wish I had the pit fired up but it's raining pretty good here so no play time for me.

I would rather have your rain than my smoker and grill going, enjoy it up
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 10:13 PM

Pork butt smoked for 15 hours. Pulled the pork and made sliders with Kings Hawaiian rolls, topped with homemade coleslaw and Sweet Baby Rays sauce. Good stuff.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/04/18 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Herbie Hancock

I would rather have your rain than my smoker and grill going, enjoy it up
Ditto! Our grasshoppers are farting dust.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/05/18 05:42 AM

The after images haven't streamed over to my iPad yet, maybe they will by morning and I'll add them. Everything turned out great except we watched fireworks in the rain, which is a first and always grateful for rain in July so I'm not complaining.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/05/18 11:04 AM

And after

Re: What's on the smoker? - 07/05/18 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

225 is where I try and keep it.

Jazzed it up a little with a light pasting of Worcestershire sauce, then a lite coating of leftover bacon grease wrapped in butcher paper and bake on the smoker for another 6 hours. Normally I would finish it in the oven but I have a lot of wood that needs to be burned and I did not want to heat the house up for 6 hours up

Pulled the brisket, then shoveled the coals from the smokers firebox put them in the Weber grill with some charcoal and mesquite wood threw on some lemon chicken with fresh Rosemary. Went to Central Market to pick up a few things and ran into the meat section, imagine that a man in the meat section laugh They had Chicken, Jalapeno, Cheddar stuffed sausage for $4.99 lb so heck yes I got me sum a dat and man they were good up

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum