Texas Hunting Forum

Frying chicken

Posted By: NewGulf

Frying chicken - 04/09/18 10:33 PM

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 10:34 PM

Looks good! When I lived at home my mother would make fried chicken in the oven. No it wasn’t shake & bake
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 10:43 PM

Looks wonderful. Growing up we had fried chicken every Sunday. My grandmother was one hell of a cook! To this day I've not seen it cut up the way she did it.
Posted By: bill oxner

That's the way I always did it but I'm done. It's now Popeyes spicy for me.
Posted By: Guy

I gained a few pounds just looking at it. grin

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 10:49 PM

ive made a complete mess my wife is going to be 10 kinds of pissed when she gets home

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 10:50 PM

had 5pds of new potatoes my buddy gave me used almost all of them making mashed potatoes dang they are good!

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 10:56 PM

And gravy?

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 68rustbucket
And gravy?

didnt make any this time not much milk and my 11 year old likes his cereal before school in the morning lol
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 11:06 PM

Do you soak it in buttermilk overnight prior to said frying?

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Herbie Hancock
Do you soak it in buttermilk overnight prior to said frying?

i have before but not very often..it is good that way as well. i normally season it and let it sit several hours before frying. comes out perfect each time.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 11:19 PM

food
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Frying chicken - 04/09/18 11:26 PM

Would food
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo1
Looks wonderful. Growing up we had fried chicken every Sunday. My grandmother was one hell of a cook! To this day I've not seen it cut up the way she did it.
Did she cut the back with ribs and the last piece that went over the fence that the thighs hook to. Thighs were just the thigh bone and legs were just legs. Wings, pullybone, and keel piece. If so that is still how I cut mine. Learned from my Mom.

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 12:53 AM

Her momma was in the kitchen cutting chicken up to fry. I posed this question on the OT forum. My momma cut it up leaving the pyllybone. I cut a whole chicken up in eight pieces. Looks as if NG only cooked things and drumsticks.

Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 01:11 AM

Popeyes spicy for me.[/quote]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 01:24 AM

Looks good. Hey NG, are you still using high temp olive oil for frying? I remember you posting that up a few years ago...
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Did she cut the back with ribs and the last piece that went over the fence that the thighs hook to. Thighs were just the thigh bone and legs were just legs. Wings, pullybone, and keel piece. If so that is still how I cut mine. Learned from my Mom.

That's it. Loved the little rib piece. The pully bone had two little chunks of meat attached. Ah Memories!

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1

That's it. Loved the little rib piece. The pully bone had two little chunks of meat attached. Ah Memories!
up
Posted By: PMK

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 03:17 PM

yep, most Sunday lunches growing up ... mom would send me out to catch a chicken, ring it's neck and pluck ... by the time she had it fried up, I still had the smell on my hands ... might be why I don't care much for chicken
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: NewGulf
And gravy?

didnt make any this time not much milk and my 11 year old likes his cereal before school in the morning lol

I'm sorry, you fried chicken but didn't make gravy? Boy, are you a commie or something? smile ani

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 05:57 PM

roflmao
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 10:37 PM

ive made a complete mess my wife is going to be 10 kinds of pissed when she gets home
Hi honey....I cooked dinner....... peep

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
And gravy?

I'm sorry, you fried chicken but didn't make gravy? Boy, are you a commie or something? smile ani
boxing roflmao

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Hi honey....I cooked dinner....... peep

just about lol444

Re: Frying chicken - 04/10/18 11:50 PM

I've made gravy with just the pan drippings and water. It beat doing without.

Re: Frying chicken - 04/11/18 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I've made gravy with just the pan drippings and water. It beat doing without.
up

Re: Frying chicken - 04/11/18 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Looks good. Hey NG, are you still using high temp olive oil for frying? I remember you posting that up a few years ago...

?

Re: Frying chicken - 04/12/18 09:21 PM

?

Well I guess New Gulf's ignoring me. crying

Re: Frying chicken - 04/12/18 09:25 PM

?

Yes I am lol but didn't have enough when I fried this. It's excellent my friend!

Re: Frying chicken - 04/12/18 09:29 PM

?

Yes I am lol but didn't have enough when I fried this. It's excellent my friend!

up

Re: Frying chicken - 04/12/18 11:16 PM

its really hard to beat frying chicken in olive oil bro same thing with a nice steak in cast iron with hot olive oil to me it just doesnt get any better cooking a steak in the house

Re: Frying chicken - 04/13/18 12:21 AM

its really hard to beat frying chicken in olive oil bro same thing with a nice steak in cast iron with hot olive oil to me it just doesnt get any better cooking a steak in the house

I agree. Nothing cooks like a hot cast iron skillet. cheers

Re: Frying chicken - 04/13/18 03:02 AM

Blasphemy! Crisco in the can.... Only way to do it right... In my most humble opinion.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum