Texas Hunting Forum

Grilling chicken breast....for a week

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 03/30/18 02:52 PM

on my weight loss program 2/5/18, started 311, today 288

Saturday I cheat,, small steak, grilled veggies, a few Michelob Ultras barf

I also grill enough chic brst to cut up and add to salads all week.,

As most of you know, there are $1.99# boneless skinless brst everywhere. These are HUGE !!! and all have "Woody Breast". Its a commodity item. You have eaten them if you eat at inexpensive restaurants about 99%. I used to sell these brst by the truck loads.

Anyway how would you suggest grilling these? I did buy a more expensive TYSON breast they were better.

I thought about, pounding with a meat mallet or using a hand Jickarding tool before marinade.

any suggestions? I only grill over charcoal, so limited to Saturdays but that's just me
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 03/30/18 05:17 PM

Cook it on the stove top in a skillet....add jalapeno and onion.....when almost done add some white Mexican cheese..... food

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 02:38 PM

Brine first.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 02:44 PM

Love grilled yard bird up and great job dropping the 23 lbs so far cheers
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 02:59 PM

I also do a lot of meal prep. I like using a slow cooker when making chicken breast. Just throw in a week's worth of chicken, cover in water, add your seasonings. Set cooker on low for 8 hrs. then I shred mine. Then sometimes mix w/ some low sugar (Stub's Original) [READ LABELS]BBQ sauce.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 03:29 PM

Soak overnight in picante sauce, then grill on foil to cook in juices
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Cook it on the stove top in a skillet....add jalapeno and onion.....when almost done add some white Mexican cheese..... food

He's probably not supposed to eat cheese........
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 03:35 PM

I meal prep every 2 weeks or so. Usually about 10 lbs of chicken breasts and 10 lbs of steamed mashed sweet potatoes. I brine all the chicken for 24-48 hours in a water/salt/sugar/soy sauce brine, remove and pat to dry. For seasonings I either mix my own or go to Penzey's and get some new blends to try. They have some good stuff and it helps to keep the flavor changing. All mine is grilled over charcoal and oak wood.

With the chicken and steamed mashed sweet potatoes, we can simply add another veggie like broccoli, brussels sprouts, green beans, asparagus or make up a salad. Super easy and healthy. We also change it up during the week if we need to, with a stir fry dish or maybe a steak.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 04:41 PM

good ideas, thank you
Posted By: PMK

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 05:41 PM

I have tried several different marinades for grilling chicken with decent results. I usually will dust each boneless breast with salt, black pepper, garlic and onion powder and drop 2 in a quart zip lock bag, make up 4-6 bags at once. The dump in various types of marinades.

a few of the marinades that worked well:

1. balsamic vinegar & extra virgin olive oil
2. thick zesty Italian dressing
3. soy sauce with a little lime juice
4. Worcestershire sauce with a little brown sugar
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/02/18 11:45 PM

Tequila, Lime juice, Teriyaki and soy sauce mixed in a gallon bag and throw as many breasts as you can get in there. Soak all day and cook over charcoal. turn it once and drip the marinade on the breasts. let cook and turn again marinade drip again. Keep turning until nice mahogany color and all the dripping is gone and temp has reached 170. Thank me later.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/03/18 12:02 AM

Salt, pepper and seasoning salt then grill. Congrats on the weight loss!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/03/18 01:02 AM

We have started using Moore's Original marinade and have been impressed with the results.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/03/18 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
We have started using Moore's Original marinade and have been impressed with the results.

Dales seasoning is good too.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/03/18 02:41 AM

Congrats on the weight loss Buzzsaw. If you're like me, taking is off for six months or a year is doable. However keeping it off in the long run is a whole different story. I highly recommend you get a copy of The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. He discusses "set weight" and how to avoid returning to a previous high set weight by resetting your body to a lower one. My Cardiologist recommended it to me. It pretty much described the story of my life as a fat boy with yo-yo diets and weight gain.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/04/18 01:37 PM

Boneless-skinless chicken breast make great fajitas. I grill mine to about medium first then refrigerate them. I then strip them up and put them in a hot pan with onions, salsa, and cilantro. You can make several up at a time and have them for leftovers.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Grilling chicken breast....for a week - 04/06/18 12:35 AM

Find a good liquid Jamaican jerk recipe and marinate the chicken, covered, in the fridge overnight. I make extra to baste the chicken on the grill. Really, really good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum