Texas Hunting Forum

Fiesta venison sausage recipe

Posted By: redchevy

Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/15/18 01:50 PM

Made sausage this weekend by myself for the first time... boy that was fun and glad I started light with only 25 lbs of meat. Two gallon bags of deer and a big Boston but. Ground it all with a hand crank grinder seasoned with the fiesta seasoning, which I’m sure I will use again and I would recommend and stuffed in some vacuum packed hog casings heb sells. Casings were good clean easy to use and cheap, pack said it would stuff 25 lbs but pretty sure I only used 1/2 or so of them. Twisted into braut style/size links and smoked on my grill for 2 hours temp between 140 and 190. Wish I would have had more time but was working around several other things and trying to incorporate the help of a three year old from time to time. Sure miss the help of my brother mom and dad but still got it done.

Meat did not get to temp and still needs to be cooked we will likely pan fry or cut them up in sauces or bbq, got them all vacuum packed and in the freezer. Was a first attempt at making sausage this way but think it was a success and will do it again with some new ideas and a little more experience.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/15/18 02:02 PM

chef
Posted By: PMK

Re: Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/15/18 02:02 PM

up looks good! I miss working with my dad and making sausage of all sorts of varieties. Shortly before he passed, he sold all his equipment to a friend of his who has also since passed. It was a lot of work but fun all the same trying out new ideas and recipes.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/15/18 02:14 PM

Heck yeh, looks good buddy. up Yes it's def more work by yourself. I did 100 lbs by myself once. De-bone/grind/season/stuff/vacuum seal/clean up. Never again. roflmao Gotta have help.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/15/18 02:26 PM

food
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/15/18 02:55 PM

I added some wood to the fire and left a few links on while we were letting the rest cool and vacuum packing. It was really good, just a tad dry but I think that's because I overcooked them a touch.
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/21/18 02:12 PM

Looks good! In that first picture I saw the three years olds "motivational' food clap food
Posted By: easttexasdiver

Re: Fiesta venison sausage recipe - 01/21/18 10:26 PM

food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum