Texas Hunting Forum

Au Jus?

Posted By: JLP83

Au Jus? - 12/26/17 06:04 PM

I'm planning a prime rib dinner for New Years. I'm a horseradish guy but the family likes au jus sauce. Does anyone have an easy recipe. Never tried to make it.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Au Jus? - 12/26/17 06:24 PM

This about does it for me.

Place the water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; whisk in the beef bouillon. Whisk in the soy sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. If you like a thicker Au Jus gravy, you can also whisk in a little flour to thicken it.

Re: Au Jus? - 12/27/17 11:16 PM

How much of each?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Au Jus? - 12/27/17 11:31 PM

Taste.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Au Jus? - 12/28/17 12:55 AM

From my experience, just dump a cup of canned or boxed beef stock in a small pot with a few slices of celery and carrot. Simmer for a few minutes, and strain it into a bowl with a spoon in it. No one really knows what aux jus is, just don't let them see you doing it. You can even do it the night before and have it ready in the fridge.

Edited to add: If anyone questions you, just hold up a dirty turkey baster and say "I pulled it off earlier."
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Au Jus? - 12/28/17 01:37 AM

Go to Krogers, pick up a couple of packets of McCormick
Au Jus and follow the easy directions. It's good. Mix up a little horse radish for yourself.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Au Jus? - 12/28/17 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: retfuz
Au Jus and follow the easy directions. It's good. Mix up a little horse radish for yourself.

Bingo !!

Re: Au Jus? - 12/28/17 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: retfuz
Now that sounds like a winner.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Au Jus? - 12/28/17 03:36 PM

3 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes
1-1.5 tsp soy sauce
1/3 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper

bring water to a boil, reduce heat and stir in beef bouillon until dissolved, whisk in soy sauce, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste. Can also add in a splash of worcestershire sauce
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum