Texas Hunting Forum

Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?"

Posted By: brianaustintx

Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?" - 12/19/17 02:09 AM

Being new to hunting, the wife and I are quite new to cooking wild game. So far, we have just done googling trying to find recipes. But I am curious if anyone has a favorite cookbook as their go-to or anything of that sorts?

I've only shot birds, being duck, goose, and crane. But because of that I ended up buying three books to start with "Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game vol 1 & 2" and "Duck, Duck, Goose"

Of course I plan on working up to bigger game next year....just curious about the rest out there. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?" - 12/19/17 02:12 AM

Steve renilla has a few books out there, he has a few episodes just about cooking and his recipes do look good.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?" - 12/19/17 02:19 AM

My first was Going Wild In The Kitchen. I don't use any books anymore. I just use google.

My daughter gave me this one last year for Christmas, but I wouldn't recommend it. We had eaten at his restaurant in Austin. Several of the pictures were from a friends ranch.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?" - 12/23/17 11:16 PM

John Folse, "After the hunt". Cajun chef that could make boot leather taste good food
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?" - 12/24/17 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Herbie Hancock
Steve renilla has a few books out there, he has a few episodes just about cooking and his recipes do look good.
He also has some good stuff on YouTube.
Posted By: Jesse Griffiths

Re: Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?" - 12/24/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
My first was Going Wild In The Kitchen. I don't use any books anymore. I just use google.

My daughter gave me this one last year for Christmas, but I wouldn't recommend it. We had eaten at his restaurant in Austin. Several of the pictures were from a friends ranch.

Why wouldn't you recommend it?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Cookbooks...anyone have any "go-tos?" - 12/24/17 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: panKo
Originally Posted By: bill oxner

Why wouldn't you recommend it?

Little too complicated for me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum