Texas Hunting Forum

Propane smoker recommendation

Posted By: magspa

Propane smoker recommendation - 11/29/17 09:55 PM

Have any of you used one? If so any recommendations for a good one to get..most I have seen look kinda flimbsy.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 11/30/17 12:40 PM

Unless you plan on using it away from home, electric is a much better choice.

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 11/30/17 01:54 PM

Thanks I am looking at them now and I see masterbuilt makes a cold smoke attachment.very cool
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 11/30/17 06:19 PM

I started my bbq obsession on a Masterbuilt. It put out some good food.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 11/30/17 07:29 PM

Check out the A-Maze-N smoker tray and/or tube if you do get a Masterbuilt smoker. They use pellets/sawdust and are very handy for cold or hot smoking. I use one for cold smoking my bacon...got 20 lbs curing right now.

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 12/01/17 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: magspa
Thanks I am looking at them now and I see masterbuilt makes a cold smoke attachment.very cool

I have it. Works great with pellets.
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 12/01/17 03:42 PM

Masterbuilt Propane smoker 40 inch...Easy to use and can maintain a good temp without the need of constantly checking on it...just recommend buying a better thermometer to use because the thermometer that comes attached to the smoker is not accurate.

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 12/04/17 12:20 AM

Ended up getting a masterbuilt electric..going to get one of those smoker pellet tubes instead of using to chip tray.

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 12/04/17 04:21 AM

Ended up getting a masterbuilt electric..going to get one of those smoker pellet tubes instead of using to chip tray.

I have the AMAZEN pellet tray, the 5x8 and it worked great in Texas. Never any issues. Here in Colorado with the higher elevation it struggles, so I got one of the tubes. I'd recommend the tray because you'll get more hours of smoke out of the tray compared to the tube. Now, I don't use my Masterbuilt for anything but sausage and cold smoking bacon. I have a big trailer pit I use for ribs, pork butt and brisket.

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 12/04/17 05:53 PM

their cold smoke attachment works very well with pellets. 6 hour burn time.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 12/04/17 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw

their cold smoke attachment works very well with pellets. 6 hour burn time.

Agree, that is what I use

Re: Propane smoker recommendation - 12/04/17 10:27 PM

I get more hours of smoke out of the smoker tray, and its half the price of the cold smoke attachment. 11-12 hours of smoke. Works great for cold and hot smoking.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum