Texas Hunting Forum

Vacuum sealing machines for meats

Posted By: TackDriver

Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/02/17 05:04 PM

I went through two FoodSaver vacuum sealing machines over the years, they mostly last me maybe 3-4 seasons. I only use them to seal game meats during the hunting seasons. I am not sure if I want to buy another FoodSaver unless there is a better model that will last.

What brand / models do you guys use that would help me narrow my search for a new vacuum sealing machine. Thanks
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/02/17 05:35 PM

Dang I guess I've been lucky. I've had our foodsaver since 2010ish and it's still going strong.
Posted By: tskin

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/02/17 06:36 PM

vac master pro 350. Worth the extra dollar
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/02/17 09:53 PM

VacMaster VP112S. Awesome machine. Can do everything, even stews and soups.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/03/17 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TackDriver
I went through two FoodSaver vacuum sealing machines over the years, they mostly last me maybe 3-4 seasons. I only use them to seal game meats during the hunting seasons. I am not sure if I want to buy another FoodSaver unless there is a better model that will last.

What brand / models do you guys use that would help me narrow my search for a new vacuum sealing machine. Thanks

They come with a 5 year warranty. Our first food saver didn't last well, but the one we have now has been a good one.
Posted By: TackDriver

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/03/17 02:18 PM

I use game bags from Lem for ground meat only straight out of the grinder /stuffer , but use vacuum seal bags for steaks, cubes, roast, and sausages, etc. I did research on the VacMaster and they do have good stuff, but not willing to spend 800 bucks on a high end who uses it for numerous deer / elk each season. I just harvest 2 to 3 whitetails a season and I see that the VacMaster Pro350 is an "all right" but better machine compared to FoodSaver.
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/08/17 07:56 PM

I had a Food Saver that carped out after 3 months. The vacuum process works well, but refuses to seal.

Is there one that yall recommend, economical one?

I would be vacuum sealing fish and game (cut down to manageable size)

I would like to get another one, but a practical one.
The only ones in my house are me and my son, so there's not much fish & game to vacuum seal.

Putting catfish in waterfilled ziplock bags takes up too much space in the freezer.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/08/17 08:03 PM

I've had my foodsaver going on 5 years and use it all the time. Still working fine.
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Vacuum sealing machines for meats - 11/08/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: blazin
I've had my foodsaver going on 5 years and use it all the time. Still working fine.

Is it a high-end one?

or one of the cheaper ones that I can get from HEB?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum