Texas Hunting Forum

Oatmeal

Posted By: DPirates80

Oatmeal - 07/26/17 12:18 PM

Who eats oatmeal on the regular? I never thought about how much oatmeal I eat, but I eat oatmeal every morning right when I get to work. Been going on for years...Its like habit now that when I get to work I make me some oatmeal. I don't really like the flavored stuff unless its the brown sugar kind.

Weird morning thoughts.... confused2
Posted By: PMK

Re: Oatmeal - 07/26/17 12:50 PM

never cared much for oatmeal, might be the sliminess of the texture when milk added. But I'll eat cream of wheat, malt o meal and grits with a little salt, a lot of black pepper and some butter. Not much into the sweet things.
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Oatmeal - 07/26/17 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
never cared much for oatmeal, might be the sliminess of the texture when milk added. But I'll eat cream of wheat, malt o meal and grits with a little salt, a lot of black pepper and some butter. Not much into the sweet things.
I never add milk, because most of the time I'm at work and don't have none on me. I just use water and it doesn't get too slimy. Add a bit of sugar, maybe some butter here and there, it turns out pretty good.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Oatmeal - 07/26/17 03:09 PM

I eat it Monday thru Friday when I am home, the weekends I get my cholesterol fix grin
I add Cinnamon, blueberries or blackberries, 2% milk and a Banana on the side with OJ up

Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: Oatmeal - 07/26/17 09:32 PM

I like it but don't eat it on a regular basis.
I like brown sugar, cinnamon, golden raisins and pecans in mine
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Oatmeal - 07/26/17 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Dink Dodger
I like it but don't eat it on a regular basis.
I like brown sugar, cinnamon, golden raisins and pecans in mine

almost every day, just like Dink, no brn sugar though, little cream. I like the oatmeal you cook, no instant
Posted By: BDB

Re: Oatmeal - 07/27/17 04:40 AM

I love it. Brown sugar and a little honey to sweet'n it. I like my pecans for nuts but walnuts from the store are good also. Cinnamon, blueberries are the best but I'll take blackberries. No milk. Thats during the week. On weekends I go all out and put a scoop of peanut butter in it.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Oatmeal - 07/28/17 06:43 PM

Winter time, sugar no milk.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Oatmeal - 07/28/17 11:17 PM

I have it about daily. I don't cook it. I put 1 minute oats in a short glass, put some Nestles Quick in it, put enough milk in to cover it, and it is like a desert. A bite of peanut butter along with it is great as well.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Oatmeal - 07/29/17 09:16 PM

Love it with a little milk, sweetened with honey.
Posted By: HuskerB

Re: Oatmeal - 07/30/17 01:19 PM

I'm with Cool Mo D, got to be winter or at least cold outside and it's in the regular breakfast rotation. Cinnamon, sugar, and butter. During summer it is replaced with yogurt mixed with granola, blueberries, and pecans.
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: Oatmeal - 07/31/17 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Love it with a little milk, sweetened with honey.

x2 on the honey
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Oatmeal - 08/12/17 08:42 PM

I absolutely love it but can only eat it if I'm gonna be alone all day. Nothing gasses me up like oatmeal.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum