Texas Hunting Forum

Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist

Posted By: Stub

Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/22/17 07:34 PM

Normally I layer the bottom with Cream Cheese then put my meat, Mexican style shredded cheese and bacon and so far no complaints grin

I enjoyed them also but felt like the flavor was not robust enough, that the Cream Cheese was mellowing the flavors out. So I busted a move on these, no Cream Cheese, jam packed with smoked brisket on 1/3 of them, then really mixed it up using leftover parmesan chicken on the other 2/3. Now it gets interesting for I jazzed it up using Habanero Jack Cheese on top of the chicken and Chipotle Cheddar on the brisket. Slightly cooked the bacon before adding them on top.
These pics are all before chunking in the oven for 1 hour at 250 degrees.

What do you think?

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/22/17 08:05 PM

chef

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/22/17 08:13 PM

They are good to go.

Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/22/17 10:04 PM

Looks good!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/22/17 10:10 PM

Yup! I'm in! banana
Posted By: Guy

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/22/17 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

What do you think?

I was thinking I was in OT, and I would open thread and see you holding a Stuffed Jalapenos doing this...

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/23/17 12:35 PM

Those look great! food
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/23/17 04:15 PM

Would food

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/23/17 04:30 PM

Went to a annual family and close friends get together just south of Bowie yesterday and one guy made these stuffed Jalapenos that were not that pretty to look at but man they were way good. He simply stuffed them with Boudin from Walmart, no cheese, no bacon? Yes sir I will add those to the menu with a couple of add ons up

Well my friends the Smoked brisket with chipotle cheddar was delicious, the parmesan chicken was pretty good but a little dry. One keeper and another one that needs some tweaking.

Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 07/23/17 09:17 PM

They both look great but I have a feeling my favorite would have been the brisket/ chipotle cheddar too.
Posted By: HMK

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 08/01/17 05:08 PM

What I used to do was stream my Peppers, add cheddar cheese, shrimp, bacon, then under the broiler for a few.

I also pre-cooked the shrimp and bacon. I didn't fry the bacon crisp though, just enough it would cook throughly under the broiler
Posted By: TXAg08

Re: Stuffed Jalapenos With a Twist - 08/03/17 09:23 PM

Looks amazing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum