Texas Hunting Forum

Breading mix

Posted By: bill oxner

Breading mix - 03/13/17 10:11 PM

I always use equal of flour and cornstarch, along with ,salt, black petter, garlic powder, cayenne, and a lot of chili powder. I mix up a couple of cups and keep it in a coffee can. Here you go.

Posted By: Cast

Re: Breading mix - 03/13/17 11:08 PM

What's it for? What are you breading?

Re: Breading mix - 03/13/17 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
What's it for? What are you breading?

I started with the same mix when you and NewGulf were here for dinner, when I served chicken Parmesan. I packed bread crumbs in there. I use the mix for everything I pan fry. Tonight it was chicken piccata

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 02:07 AM

food I'd eat that!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 04:47 AM

Would food

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 01:42 PM

I failed to mention that I added baking powder. I use the breading mix in all my pan fried dishes. Pork chops is another. The corn starch does not brown as well. That's why I load up on chili powder which helps the browning.

Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 05:30 PM

That is nice and brown. Looks great.

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 05:32 PM

It's the paprika in the chili powder that gives me the color.

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 05:52 PM

I'm going to use chili powder next time. I like the color it gives. Thanks for the post.

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
I'm going to use chili powder next time. I like the color it gives. Thanks for the post.

Make enough to last you foe awhile. I taste my way through. It should tast like salt and have a little sting on the tip of your tongue. Don't salt and pepper your meat. I never use an egg wash. I bread with this mix a little ahead of time. It will get gummy and you can give it another roll in the mix. I bread mine with a plastic grocery bag over a plate.

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner

Originally Posted By: Choctaw

Make enough to last you foe awhile. I taste my way through. It should tast like salt and have a little sting on the tip of your tongue. Don't salt and pepper your meat. I never use an egg wash. I bread with this mix a little ahead of time. It will get gummy and you can give it another roll in the mix. I bread mine with a plastic grocery bag over a plate.

Thanks, Bill. I usually use and egg wash but wouldn't mind getting away from it. I also like the idea of making up the mix and storing for future use.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 06:34 PM

It does look good, more better, it tasted great! I bet it would be great for fried squash.

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
It does look good, more better, it tasted great! I bet it would be great for fried squash.

Ohhh, I bet it would be VERY good on fried squash.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Breading mix - 03/14/17 08:24 PM

Looks good up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum