Texas Hunting Forum

Smoking roast

Posted By: randy56

Smoking roast - 01/08/17 05:31 PM

Can you smoke a roast like a brisket?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Smoking roast - 01/08/17 05:39 PM

I grilled a chuck roast enough to get good grill marks and then put in in a cooking bag into the oven. I've seen several on here that were smoked.
Posted By: Jbell99

Re: Smoking roast - 01/09/17 05:19 AM

I'm sure you can but the best pot roast recipe I've tried is
Put your pot roast in a crock pot and buy a packet of au ju and the powered ranch and sprinkle them over the top and put a stick of butter on top then peppercini peppers start it in the morning 7:30ish and take it off when you get home
That's my favorite way to eat roast I also do it with deer roast
Posted By: Mogombie

Re: Smoking roast - 01/09/17 12:02 PM

I've smoked several . I use a chuck roast . It want slice up like a brisket but it does seperate like pulled pork. I think they taste good and I'm not having to pay 30-40 dollars to feed my family. I season and place mine on the smoker at 250 for a couple of hours then place in a pan . Pour beef broth in the pan with it till it comes about half way up on the meat. Cover with foil for another 3 hours.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Smoking roast - 01/09/17 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Mogombie
I've smoked several . I use a chuck roast . It want slice up like a brisket but it does seperate like pulled pork. I think they taste good and I'm not having to pay 30-40 dollars to feed my family. I season and place mine on the smoker at 250 for a couple of hours then place in a pan . Pour beef broth in the pan with it till it comes about half way up on the meat. Cover with foil for another 3 hours.

They will slice when you use them as leftovers after they have chilled.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Smoking roast - 01/09/17 03:15 PM

United had 2 for 1 chuck roasts a few weeks ago. I got a couple of 4 lb'ers for ~$16. Rubbed with Salt Lick seasoning, refrigerated in plastic wrap for 36 hours, then smoked in the MES at 240 until done. Yummy! Much cheaper than paying $8-14/lb for chopped beef from any local BBQ place.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum