Texas Hunting Forum

Breakfast casserole ..

Posted By: Kev®

Breakfast casserole .. - 01/07/17 10:54 PM

I'm making it now, I stole it off another forum.

Basically , you cut up some grands biscuits in 1/8's and put them in a Pam sprayed 9x13 dish, cook a pound of breakfast sausage and drain. Add on top of the biscuits , add cheese, mix up 6 eggs with some milk or creamer and add to the dish, mix up a biscuit gravy mix per package directions and pour on top. Cook at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

Pics coming up when I pull it out of the oven.
Posted By: Kev®

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/07/17 11:14 PM

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/08/17 12:58 AM

You could use Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles and skip the browsing. chef
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/08/17 02:22 AM

Looks great, I'd eat that for breakfast, lunch, dinner
and a midnight snack. up
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/08/17 02:57 AM

I'm gonna give this a shot, looks great!
Posted By: majekman

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/09/17 03:01 AM

My daughter fixed it this morn....awesomeness!!!.
Only prob was she gonna have to do double batch next time. 4 adults 4 grans to include 2 young teenage boys. Looked like a drift of hogs went through her kitchen. I'm the elder, I got firstys up
Thanks Kev!!!!
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/09/17 03:38 AM

Thats exactly what my wife made christmas morning. I think she did it wrong. But i didnt marry her for her cooking!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/09/17 03:25 PM

yep, good recipe. We also do similar with tater tots instead of the biscuits (but double that recipe)
Posted By: booger

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/09/17 03:45 PM

We made one this weekend from the Electric CoOp magazine.... pound of sausage, rotel and cheese rolled up in tortillas then pour 6-8 eggs over them and back covered for 30 min at 350. Uncover and add more cheese and bake 10-15 minutes more. Next time I'm adding hashbrowns and gravy

Breakfast enchiladas
Posted By: GO REBS

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/10/17 02:23 AM

pound bulk sausage cooked, large container onion dip, small can cream chicken, 12 oz grated cheddar halved, pound shredded hashbrowns, onion powder, 12 eggs scrambled. 13x9 casserole covered. bake 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until middle is set. remove foil top with remaining cheese. salsa verde and tortillas will feed an army.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/10/17 03:20 AM

This thread is full of great ideas. Kev I would tear that up food
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/10/17 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Kev®
I'm making it now, I stole it off another forum.

Basically , you cut up some grands biscuits in 1/8's and put them in a Pam sprayed 9x13 dish, cook a pound of breakfast sausage and drain. Add on top of the biscuits , add cheese, mix up 6 eggs with some milk or creamer and add to the dish, mix up a biscuit gravy mix per package directions and pour on top. Cook at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

Pics coming up when I pull it out of the oven.
Do You cook the biscuits first?
Posted By: TX Hitman

Re: Breakfast casserole .. - 01/16/17 01:44 AM

Here's a recipe that I make and can't get enough of it.

Sausage gravy and biscuits casserole.

1 can of biscuits
1lb sauage
Milk and flour for gravy.

Cut biscuits in quarters and spread 1/2 the bisquits across the bottom of a greased baking dish or pan. Bake the bisquits about 5-7 mins just until they start to brown. In the mean time, cook the sauage and make gravy. I usually cook the sausage and make the gravy in the cooked sausage.
Once the bisquits start to brown, pull out and cover them with the sausage gravy. Use the rest of the quartered biscuits and cover the top. Put back in the oven until the top bisquits turn brown. Quick and easy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum