Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone ever make duck jerkey?

Posted By: TAP8752

Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/06/17 11:16 PM

I am thinking about trying to make some duck jerkey. Has anyone made any they liked and what recipe did you use if you don't mind sharing.
Posted By: OkieDokie

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/08/17 02:02 AM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/463370/Re:_deer_jerky???_any_help???#Post463370
I've used this for duck jerky. I would marinate overnight.
Posted By: HankePanky

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/12/17 10:11 PM

I've had several friends make duck jerky and they've all said that it still has to be refrigerated. Just something to keep in mind.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/13/17 12:43 AM

Ever had duck sausage?
Posted By: don k

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/13/17 01:01 PM

I have heard of Duck Butter but have never tried it.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/14/17 02:17 AM

Making some tomorrow for the first time, I'll let you know.

Originally Posted By: HankePanky
I've had several friends make duck jerky and they've all said that it still has to be refrigerated. Just something to keep in mind.

Do you know why?
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/15/17 12:56 AM

Our duck jerky turned out great. Gave it and venison jerky to 4 people and no one could tell the difference. I noticed a slight difference, the duck was a bit more rich but still very good. Will definitely do it again.
Posted By: HankePanky

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/16/17 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Do you know why?

I don't. It may just be the way they processed it. I know a lot of folks who seem to think their dried venison sausage needs to be refrigerated too. I keep mine in the fridge so it keeps longer but I don't think it "has to be" refrigerated. Could just be a case of belt and suspenders, but since I wasn't the one who made it, I did as suggested.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Anyone ever make duck jerkey? - 01/16/17 04:09 AM

I've eaten some suck jerky and it was good. I fellow board member makes it. Indonmy his handle, but will try find it if your interested in hearing how he makes it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum