Texas Hunting Forum

Nilgai Swiss Steak

Posted By: skinnerback

Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/16/16 06:46 PM

First time making Swiss Steak, won't be the last. It is incredible. Thanks to my buddy Chunky Dunk I have some Nilgai meat. I used a tenderized rump roast, meat is stupid tender and of course very tasty. Poured over a bed of brown rice with a side of spinach with bacon & onions. food I'm hooked, thanks for lookin'.

I tried taking more pics (of the process) but my smart phone wasn't being very smart.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/16/16 07:23 PM

Looks great skinner, and maybe its not the phone that isnt very smart... roflmao

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/16/16 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Looks great skinner, and maybe its not the phone that isnt very smart... roflmao

I'll admit that after 15 or so beers I'm not very smart, that's why I stay home and don't talk to anyone. roflmao

But seriously I'm starting to hate Apple. Phone keeps telling me I'm out of memory and can't take any pics, even after I deleted everything, cleaned it up, and restarted it. Kid's phones are doing the same thing.....then the stupid pistol emoji thing.. mad anyway.... back to food. grin
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/16/16 07:56 PM

Looks good to me!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/16/16 07:57 PM

Looks great. Haven't had swiss steak in years.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/16/16 10:26 PM

That looks awesome. Never heard of swiss steak so I will have to try that cheers
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/17/16 01:04 AM

Looks like curry beef or lamb

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/17/16 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Looks like curry beef or lamb

Noooooooooo roflmao No curry. Just tenderized seasoned meat dredged in flour and browned in bacon grease, put in Dutch Oven after sauteing with olive oil some onion, jalapeno, tomato, garlic, basil, mushrooms, and topped off with some beef broth & a few splashes of Worchestershire. S&P to taste. Slow simmered until meat is fork tender and gravy thickens up. Green curry w/coconut milk is the only curry I like.
Posted By: Tres

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/17/16 04:06 PM

Looks awesome, my mom used to make it all the time growing up food

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/17/16 06:29 PM

Skinner you so fancy

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/17/16 08:05 PM

No me so hungry.

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/18/16 04:10 AM

Looks like you spend more time cooking than eating haha

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/18/16 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Looks like you spend more time cooking than eating haha

Yessr. I've been cutting back. up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/18/16 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Just tenderized seasoned meat dredged in flour and browned in bacon grease, put in Dutch Oven after sauteing with olive oil some onion, jalapeno, tomato, garlic, basil, mushrooms, and topped off with some beef broth & a few splashes of Worchestershire. S&P to taste. Slow simmered until meat is fork tender and gravy thickens up. Green curry w/coconut milk is the only curry I like.

Notes taken.

Looks great! And I agree curry makes me want to barf
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/18/16 01:52 PM

That looks great! Believe it or not, the McCormick's (sp?) Swiss Steak kit for a dollar something is REALLY good. It even comes with the cooking bag. All you need is flower, but I toss in mushrooms and slices of bell pepper. I use cubed venison cutlets and like it with Spanish rice.

Re: Nilgai Swiss Steak - 08/18/16 04:37 PM

Thanks guys. I'll have to try that McCormick's. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum