Texas Hunting Forum

country crock margarine

Posted By: TPACK

country crock margarine - 04/23/16 09:00 PM

I am one of those people who does not like the taste of real butter and only uses margarine that does not taste like butter. We have been eating country crock margarine for years, but about a year ago I told my wife that it tasted different(bad) and we practically quit eating anything it went on or in. I finally did a search on google and I am not the only one who noticed the difference. They changed the recipe about the same time I complained to my wife. Does anyone else use this product and have you noticed the change.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/08/26/consumers-are-upset-over-country-crocks-recipe-change/
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: country crock margarine - 04/23/16 09:02 PM

The only margarine I ever use is squeeze margarine for making Texas toast.
Posted By: Cast

Re: country crock margarine - 04/23/16 09:07 PM

Use olive oil instead of margarine. It's good for you.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: country crock margarine - 04/23/16 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Use olive oil instead of margarine. It's good for you.

We love olive oil on all sorts of things(especially vegetables). I cant see putting olive oil on a baked potato, mashed potatoes or pancakes though.

Re: country crock margarine - 04/23/16 09:24 PM

You're right. We use butter for that. Won't allow yeller grease in my house.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: country crock margarine - 04/23/16 09:24 PM

This is great on baked potatoes.

Olive oil is better for you than butter. The only time I use butter is for cooking and dipping. I use mostly this.

Re: country crock margarine - 04/23/16 09:40 PM

I picked up a tub of that and saw that it was half butter and half olive oil for more than the cost of butter. We keep butter in a crock, it's soft. I can whip some softened butter with olive oil on demand. I'll do that for my next taters.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: country crock margarine - 04/29/16 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
This is great on baked potatoes.

Olive oil is better for you than butter. The only time I use butter is for cooking and dipping. I use mostly this.

Reminds me of when I was a kid. We would cut the knee caps off the Indian maiden and put them over the butter she is holding. Makes it looks like her boobies are hanging out. grin
Posted By: conifer

Re: country crock margarine - 04/29/16 11:18 PM

Butter has become ridiculously costly.....I use margarine. Country crock is not margarine; it is about 50% water. Margarine has no water.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: country crock margarine - 04/30/16 12:42 AM

if you are buying Italian olive oil, 99% chance it is made with seed oil, the mafia has control of all the olive oil in Italy, 60 minutes had a report on it, I now buy Fredericksburg or Ca.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum