Texas Hunting Forum

turkey receipe?

Posted By: colt45-90

turkey receipe? - 03/30/16 11:08 PM

what's the best way to fix the breast? like steak fingers? legs & thighs?
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: turkey receipe? - 03/30/16 11:31 PM

Bone out the breast slice in slices, fry like chicken. Throw the rest away. Chicken fried turkey breast is awesome!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: turkey receipe? - 03/31/16 12:01 AM

thanks
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: turkey receipe? - 03/31/16 01:23 PM

I'm assuming you're talking wild turkey..
Cut the breast in strips and fry.. I simply dip in egg, roll in flour with a mix of creole seasoning.. Dip those bad boys in ranch!
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/03/16 07:57 PM

Breast:

Wild Turkey Parm!

http://honest-food.net/2012/05/15/turkey-parmesan-recipe/

Legs, Wings and Thighs

Carnitas!

http://honest-food.net/2013/04/05/turkey-carnitas-recipe/
Posted By: kmon11

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/04/16 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Bone out the breast slice in slices, fry like chicken. Throw the rest away. Chicken fried turkey breast is awesome!

Throwing away some great eating. Legs and thighs work great for Turkey pot pie, Turkey and dumplings, soup, stew, stirfry...
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/04/16 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Originally Posted By: bobcat1

Throwing away some great eating. Legs and thighs work great for Turkey pot pie, Turkey and dumplings, soup, stew, stirfry...

up I like to fry the breasts and smoke the rest/de-bone and use in turkey soup or gumbo. Boil the smoked carcass to make the stock for turkey soup.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/04/16 01:05 AM

Tried a new recipe this year

Butterfly the breast half so you have one fairly flat piece of breast. Cover it with plastic film wrap, pound with a meat mallet till it's all the same thickness (thin). Cook up some wild rice and diced crimini mushrooms. use this as a filling to spread on breast, roll it up, wrap in peppered bacon secured with toothpicks. Roast in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes

add jalapeno's, and whatever you like.

PDG !!! chef
Posted By: redchevy

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/04/16 02:13 PM

When you cut the breast make sure you cut it cross grain like you would cut faghitas etc. or it will be tuff!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/05/16 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
When you cut the breast make sure you cut it cross grain like you would cut faghitas etc. or it will be tuff!
This!
Posted By: jdickey

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/06/16 02:53 PM

I have smoked turkey breast in the past with good results. I use the Cajun Injector "Cajun Butter" and thoroughly inject both breasts, and cover the breast with a homemade rub. Put on the smoker with a water pan to give it a moist heat/smoke and smoke the turkey very slow.

When done, slice into strips and dip them in a little Stubbs BBQ sauce!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: turkey receipe? - 04/06/16 03:23 PM

Wife will be making turkey dumplings with it food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum