Texas Hunting Forum

Live crawfish in Galveston

Posted By: whiteowl

Live crawfish in Galveston - 03/25/16 11:06 PM

My wife and I are headed to Galveston state park for a few days next weekend and would like to find some live crawfish to boil one day. Seems like I have seen them at Kroger's on the seawall. Anyone have a better suggestion? Price?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Live crawfish in Galveston - 03/25/16 11:33 PM

I got invited to a crawfish boil in my neighborhood this afternoon. It was great. I think they got theirs at Kroger.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Live crawfish in Galveston - 03/28/16 03:11 PM

I do a 100lb boil every year, HEB has always had the biggest and fewest dead out of all the grocery stores. Fiesta comes in 2nd. If I were in your neck of the woods though, I might bite the bulled and do a little driving to buy direct.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Live crawfish in Galveston - 03/28/16 03:12 PM

btw I paid $3.77/lb 2 weeks ago for large/med mix from HEB. A little high, but had less than 1 lb dead.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Live crawfish in Galveston - 03/28/16 03:19 PM

Went to a boil this weekend, they got them from HEB and they looked great, good size bugs.

Unfortunately it took them longer than planned to get them boiled and we had to leave before they cooked any crying
Posted By: rickym

Re: Live crawfish in Galveston - 04/04/16 10:49 PM

I would have to imagine Katie's seafood market carries them. No idea on the price though, they are a wholesale commercial company as well as selling to the everyday individual
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum