Texas Hunting Forum

Breakfast taco!

Posted By: redchevy

Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 03:20 PM

Some home made deer carne guisada for breakfast this morning food Sure wish I had some pico!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 03:25 PM

I've made those. Just add salsa and cilantro.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 04:45 PM

That looks Grande Gringo APPROVED........ food
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 04:49 PM

Heck Yeah!
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 05:14 PM

foodhard to beat homemade!

Mima's, this little taco shack here in Wimberley has what they call the Tejano. It's carne, bacon, and bean, and they serve it with a side of queso. Top it of with a little pico and green salsa from the salsa bar... BOOM! Think I need to go grab a couple for lunch! banana2

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 05:25 PM

Usually by 10 am my big guts are chasing my little guts. Tacos stick with ya a little better than cherioes cause im not even hungry yet roflmao
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 08:16 PM

That looks great man. You still diggin' those Mixla tortillas? I too stuffed my belly with carne g this morning, I'm still full. cheers Good stuff.

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 08:30 PM

I love them, best of both world. They are not as good as fresh hot homemade flour, but for store bought tortillas they are my favorite. I haven't quite ventured into make tortillas yet, I have a press, just never made em.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/05/16 08:59 PM

You're the one that got me hooked on the Mixla's and I ate the heck out of them for a while, guess I got burned out on them though. confused2 My new favorite from HEB now are the regular fresh flour tortillas at their bakery (on the tables). When you toast them up in a skillet they puff up nice and create a light crispiness on the outside, (from the lard or shortening/like a good pie crust). They are excellent. I'm back to just regular corn now.
Posted By: cerda12

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/08/16 04:59 PM

Would love a recipe if you have one. I thought there was one on here before but can't find it.

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/08/16 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: cerda12
Would love a recipe if you have one. I thought there was one on here before but can't find it.

Its really easy to make I don't have a written recipe, but this will get you there.

1 large yellow/white onion
1 bell pepper
1 can rotel
salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder

Appx 2 lbs of meat cut into chunks 1" cube or so. Sear in hot cast iron skillet, add veggies and seasoning, cover with water, cover and simmer till tender and forms a gravy. You may need to add extra water after a while. Will probably take at least 3 hours of cooking, maybe more.
Posted By: cerda12

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/08/16 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: cerda12

Its really easy to make I don't have a written recipe, but this will get you there.

1 large yellow/white onion
1 bell pepper
1 can rotel
salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder

Appx 2 lbs of meat cut into chunks 1" cube or so. Sear in hot cast iron skillet, add veggies and seasoning, cover with water, cover and simmer till tender and forms a gravy. You may need to add extra water after a while. Will probably take at least 3 hours of cooking, maybe more.

Perfect! up
Posted By: booger

Re: Breakfast taco! - 02/08/16 09:25 PM

Not a breakfast taco but a variation..

Large tortilla spread with cream gravy, egg, sausage/bacon crumbles, hash brown, and topped with shredded cheese and peppers. Put it on a pan in a hot oven, say 400ish, and heat until tortilla is crispy on the bottom. Homemade breakfast pizza!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum