Texas Hunting Forum

Venison Dried Sausage

Posted By: Bobvilla

Venison Dried Sausage - 01/16/16 11:52 PM

If I make venison/pork dried sausage with cure#2, what do I do to save it for use throughout the year? Do I need to vacuum seal it and freeze it? vacuum seal and fridge? just vacuum seal and keep at room temperature?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/16/16 11:58 PM

Freeze it.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/17/16 01:05 AM

I vacuum seal and freeze mine.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/18/16 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/18/16 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

up
Posted By: don k

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/18/16 05:16 PM

Years ago we used to keep it in a mason jar. Let it dry. Then cut it in pieces that would fit in a jar. Then heat up lard and pour it over the sausage until the jar was full. Probably not that healthy but it worked.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/22/16 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: don k
Years ago we used to keep it in a mason jar. Let it dry. Then cut it in pieces that would fit in a jar. Then heat up lard and pour it over the sausage until the jar was full. Probably not that healthy but it worked.

Then you rode in the back of a pickup smoking cigarettes and drinking beer while snacking on the sausage. Now they arrest you for that kind of nefarious activity.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/22/16 02:19 AM

Vacuum seal & freeze it.
Posted By: txwildcat

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/22/16 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: syncerus

Then you rode in the back of a pickup smoking cigarettes and drinking beer while snacking on the sausage. Now they arrest you for that kind of nefarious activity.
The good life!
Posted By: don k

Re: Venison Dried Sausage - 01/22/16 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: txwildcat
Originally Posted By: syncerus

The good life!
Ain't that the truth. Nothing is easy anymore. I am glad I am as old as I am. Things are not like they used to be.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum