Texas Hunting Forum

High Temp Cheese

Posted By: TxHunter18

High Temp Cheese - 01/07/16 05:19 AM

Looking to make summer sausage for the first time next week. I would like to make jalapeno and cheese sausage. Where do you buy the high temp cheese? I am not sure if the local grocery stores carry it or not. Also, are there any recipes you guys swear by? I really don't want to waste any meat! Thanks
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: High Temp Cheese - 01/07/16 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: brew0216
Looking to make summer sausage for the first time next week. I would like to make jalapeno and cheese sausage. Where do you buy the high temp cheese? I am not sure if the local grocery stores carry it or not. Also, are there any recipes you guys swear by? I really don't want to waste any meat! Thanks

I've only bought my high temp cheese from "The Sausage Maker" (ordered it). Jalapeno cheese, comes in little cubes in a bag ready to use and is pretty good. I haven't used any this year though, just subbed for extra jalapenos. I like to use the AC Legg's Old Plantation brand of seasoning (I order from Allied Kenco Sales outa Houston), I follow the directions for the Summer Sausage seasoning and add fresh minced jalapenos/minced garlic/butchers grind black pepper to taste and process in the smoke house. I prefer to use 100% venison. Everybody likes it. up
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: High Temp Cheese - 01/07/16 06:20 PM

I've used regular sharp cheddar from Costco with out a problem.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: High Temp Cheese - 01/08/16 02:52 PM

It started with this.

The summer sausage already had cheese, but I opted to add some to hold the egg together.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: High Temp Cheese - 01/08/16 04:25 PM

Try a local meat market, that's where we get ours.
Posted By: texoma2010

Re: High Temp Cheese - 01/09/16 02:06 PM

askthemeatman.com has every thing you need, I have used there products for the last two years.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum