Texas Hunting Forum

Chicken Parmesan

Posted By: bill oxner

Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 12:58 AM

I'm having guest for dinner tonight. Chicken Parmesan is one of my go to dishes, because you have stopping places. Most recipes tell you to start wit an eight ounce chicken breast. I don't do that. I start with a squared off chicken breast here you go.

Most recipes tell you to pound out the chicken breast. I don't do that. I split the practically frozen chicken breast here you go.

Most recipes tell you to use an egg wash. Not me. I use my breading mix and let it get gummy. Next I pack on the seasoned bread crumbs.

My camera man too too many pictures. I skipped some steps. Here's how it ended, on the top of the stove.

I set it aside, until Scott arrived and ended with this in the oven.

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 01:01 AM

Oops. The plated picture would not upload. Here you go.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 01:09 AM

Where do you get the great stuff you post on this forum?
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 01:11 AM

Where do you come up with the crap you post on this forum? food
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 02:27 AM

Looks great Bill. I can't remember the last time I had that. up
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Looks great Bill. I can't remember the last time I had that. up

Bill did an excellent job helluva cook!
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 11:46 AM

That looks "Knuckle Dragger" GOOD!
Posted By: elcasador

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 03:57 PM

Looks dang good, but where did the broccoli go?

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/18/15 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: elcasador
Looks dang good, but where did the broccoli go?

I served the plates from the kitchen. I first poured my marinara into my pan drippings with the olive oil. I rinsed the marinara pan and put it back we here it belonged. The marinara got rid of the oil, so I rinsed that hot pan and put it away. I steamed the broccoli in the microwave, drained it, buttered it, salted it, and squeezed a half a lemon over it. It went on the table with the garlic bread.

Those lemons came off a neighbors tree. Two of them will make a half cup of juice. I made a lemon pie with a a half cup of the juice. Only two people could eat desert.
Posted By: Rick987

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/20/15 10:52 AM

Looks really tasty!

Re: Chicken Parmesan - 12/20/15 03:35 PM

This is the first time I've had new company in a few years. I was a little stressed, especially with the pictures.

I complete forgot another option to blend in the goodness of the browned olive oil. Try this. Plate the chicken, heat the oil, drop a half pound of sliced mushrooms in there, then a little white wine before you reheat the marinara.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum