Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Ribs

Posted By: MikeTX

Hog Ribs - 11/27/15 07:43 PM

Sorry for the bad pictures...but it's my first try at hog ribs. The bones are smaller in diameter than the store bought ones. I boiled in beer, seared them on the grill, dry rubbed with seasoning, and then baked in the oven for 3 hours.

Great taste!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hog Ribs - 11/28/15 07:16 PM

Wild pig and Axis are about as good as it gets.....that looks tasty! cheers
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Hog Ribs - 11/28/15 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Wild pig and Axis are about as good as it gets.....that looks tasty! cheers
When done properly, you are 100% CORRECT!!!!! food
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Hog Ribs - 11/28/15 10:59 PM

I just throw some seasoning on them and throw them in the oven for a while. Love me some wild hog ribs...
Posted By: shadams

Re: Hog Ribs - 12/17/15 02:57 PM

Did that too, me and two other guys had never had them...we talk about making them all the time now...good stuff
Posted By: Smeb

Re: Hog Ribs - 12/20/15 08:08 PM

What size hogs? All the hogs I've shot never seem to have enough meat on ribs to mess with.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hog Ribs - 12/20/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Smeb
What size hogs? All the hogs I've shot never seem to have enough meat on ribs to mess with.

150# range is my preference for wild hogs...a lot more meat on them than you would think....
Posted By: MikeTX

Re: Hog Ribs - 12/21/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Smeb

These ribs came from a 100-120lbs hog. You'd want both racks to be enough for two people. I could see where 150lbs would be the sweet spot.
Posted By: activescrape

Re: Hog Ribs - 12/21/15 03:22 AM

we love them. All sizes. If it's a small rack, it's an appetizer . I always keep some ribs in the freezer. I don't boil them or anything, just trim them pretty well, meaning I leave a layer of fat but usually trim the thickness of it. Then just season or marinate just like any ribs and either grill or smoke.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Hog Ribs - 12/21/15 03:51 AM

I BBQ a lot of pork ribs, but love to fry them. Separate the ribs, season, fry in peanut oil until they have good color and start to get crispy. I often like them more crispy. Dust with a little more seasoning as soon as they come out of the oil. Thank me later. up For frying ribs I prefer pigs from 50-150 lbs. Bigger than that and I will normally BBQ or de-bone for sausage.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Hog Ribs - 12/21/15 03:51 AM

That looks great BTW!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum