Texas Hunting Forum

Thanksgiving desserts

Posted By: jetdad

Thanksgiving desserts - 11/22/15 11:36 PM

I always make a couple of pies for Thanksgiving. One is always pecan. The others are usually chocolate or coconut meringue. The kids and I are not big pumpkin fans so no pumpkin pie here. This year I found recipe for a snickers pie that I think I'll try. How about you?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Thanksgiving desserts - 11/22/15 11:42 PM

Whenever I haven't messed up (which may not be this year), the wife will make a banana pie. She hates bananas. She'll pick up some pecan, etc.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Thanksgiving desserts - 11/22/15 11:43 PM

We always do pecan because my mama's pecan pie is the best ever. We also do the universe's best sweet potato pie so that is a shoe in.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Thanksgiving desserts - 11/22/15 11:45 PM

There is a secret to making good holiday pies.

Pm me.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Thanksgiving desserts - 11/22/15 11:52 PM

I'll be eating all alone. I have pecan trees and shelled pecans in my freezer, but I picked some lemons from an old house seat, while quail hunting. I'm making a simple three ingredient lemon pie.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Thanksgiving desserts - 11/23/15 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I'll be eating all alone. I have pecan trees and shelled pecans in my freezer, but I picked some lemons from an old house seat, while quail hunting. I'm making a simple three ingredient lemon pie.

If you were closer, I'd crash that party. I love lemon pie. You could always come over here. Bring the pie. 'Not that far of a drive. PM me for the address.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Thanksgiving desserts - 11/23/15 12:15 AM

We had pecan pie, oatmeal cookies, pecan tarts, along with a couple others.....
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Thanksgiving desserts - 11/23/15 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: bill oxner

If you were closer, I'd crash that party. I love lemon pie. You could always come over here. Bring the pie. 'Not that far of a drive. PM me for the address.

That's really kind of you. They're going on about what's wrong on OT. Offers like this personify what's right on this forum.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum