Texas Hunting Forum

Can Cookers

Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Can Cookers - 08/28/15 03:54 PM

Anyone use them? I have pretty much just used mine to steam vegetables. Meat always comes out pretty tough and bland. Will probably use for chili and tamales this winter.

So my question is.... anyone have a favorite recipe?
Posted By: twitch528

Re: Can Cookers - 08/28/15 04:13 PM

I have used mine several times mostly like you say for vegetables. I have cooked a small roast and pork chops that come out pretty good but yes the food is mostly bland if you dont season the heck out of it
Posted By: Cast

Re: Can Cookers - 08/28/15 04:16 PM

Never seen one before, but it's just a pot with a lid. Start with seasoned stew meat, about a quarter pound per person/meal, add an onion, a couple red potatoes, carrots and celery. Add Lipton Onion Soup mix and a cup of water. Keep adding water to make stew, or let it cook down for pot roast and veggies.

Modify the recipe to make Carne Guisada or add elbow mac to make goulash. Correct seasoning for various dishes of course. Do you have the two gallon one?
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Can Cookers - 08/28/15 05:02 PM

yea it's the bigger one.

Sounds pretty good... soon as it cools off a little I'll have to try it.
Posted By: Nick1

Re: Can Cookers - 08/30/15 04:48 PM

we put chik breast and veggies in ours a bunch, basically just steams the chicken, no texture to it really. seasonings a must, spray bottom heavy w nonstick spray. easy clean up with this thing
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum