Blue Bell cheerleader
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Ice Cream - 06/29/15 02:24 PM

Homemade Banana cheerleader
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Ice Cream - 06/29/15 04:08 PM

Easiest strawberry recipe.
2x cans of sweet condensed milk
Add frozen strawberries to your liking. Make sure they are frozen, not fresh. I typically add a cup and a half.
Fill with big red soda to top off. Probably 3 cups..

After you freeze in your maker, I drop mine in the deep freeze for about an hour to get the right consistency.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Ice Cream - 06/29/15 04:30 PM

Ours is a custard base.

Beat 3 eggs, 5 cups sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanila in a bowl

Put 1/2 gal whole milk in a pot and bring to a boil, you have to stir it continually to keep it from burning/setting on the bottom. When you have it to a boil, remove from heat and while still stirring poor the beaten egg/sugar mix in. Put in ice cream freezer and fill with the other 1/2 gal whole milk.

One of my favorites is to add a mashed up banana.
Posted By: okie44

Re: Ice Cream - 06/29/15 10:06 PM

grin Sounds good!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Ice Cream - 06/30/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Ours is a custard base.

Put 1/2 gal whole milk in a pot and bring to a boil, you have to stir it continually to keep it from burning/setting on the bottom. When you have it to a boil, remove from heat and while still stirring poor the beaten egg/sugar mix in. Put in ice cream freezer and fill with the other 1/2 gal whole milk.

Im going from memory... but on second thought I think its 5 eggs and 3 cups sugar.
Posted By: okie44

Re: Ice Cream - 06/30/15 11:25 PM

Ours is a custard base.

Im going from memory... but on second thought I think its 5 eggs and 3 cups sugar.

No wonder it was so sweet! roflmao
Posted By: Ringer1

Re: Ice Cream - 07/01/15 02:50 AM

Ingredients
1 quart half-and-half
1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

BEAT half-and-half, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until combined; freeze for 2 hours. Beat on medium speed for 30 seconds; freeze for additional 4 hours or until firm. Or, use ice cream maker, freezing according to manufacturer's directions.

VARIATIONS
FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM: Add 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels halfway through freezing period. Continue freezing as above.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Ice Cream - 07/01/15 01:59 PM

6 eggs
1 Cup sugar
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 can evap milk
1/2 gallon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all really well and then put in maker and enjoy in about an hour!

You can add banana, strawberries, peaches, etc. I often, replace some of the milk with heavy whipping cream to make it creamier. Here lately I have been using Mexican vanilla.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum