Texas Hunting Forum

Avian Flu

Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

Avian Flu - 06/01/15 11:23 PM

Buy you some layin hens, won't be long a dozen eggs will cost as much as the hen that layed them.

Make sure your eggs and poultry are cooked well,wash your hands and disinfect your cutting boards.

Other than that not much of a threat to human consumption.
Egg producers rationing, only existing customers can buy and no more than their normal average purchase over the last ninety days. Breakfast is gonna get expensive.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Avian Flu - 06/01/15 11:38 PM

Whataburger cuts back breakfast hours over egg shortage

The fast-food chain will serve breakfast 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. weekdays, and 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. on weekends.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/hea...gg-shortage.ece
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Avian Flu - 06/01/15 11:52 PM

I saw that on the news today. I'm good. I'm eating BLT sandwiches while my tomatoes are in. I used one egg for cornbread tonight. I have 10 left. That should last awhile.
Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

Re: Avian Flu - 06/01/15 11:56 PM

My neighbor has an egg farm,he now has a locked entrance no one is allowed on the property,bulk feed now transported to the road and he off loads and puts in his silos. He makes all deliveries no more will calls.Visiting family has to dip shoe soles in a disinfectant solution and carried up to the house via golf cart. This stuff must be really bad.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Avian Flu - 06/02/15 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Rockinmyshoe
My neighbor has an egg farm,he now has a locked entrance no one is allowed on the property,bulk feed now transported to the road and he off loads and puts in his silos. He makes all deliveries no more will calls.Visiting family has to dip shoe soles in a disinfectant solution and carried up to the house via golf cart. This stuff must be really bad.

The neighbor is doing all they can to protect that income source. Hope they can
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum