Texas Hunting Forum

Twiced baked Potatoes

Posted By: _Lee

Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/18/15 12:27 AM

I know twice baked potatoes arnt really rocket science and I've winged it before and liked them but my wife found this recipe and we really liked it so I thought I'd share.

It calls for
8 Potatoes
2 sticks of butter
1 cup bacon bits
1 cup sour cream
Shredded cheese
1/4 teaspoon Lawrys
Pepper
Green onions

Bake potatoes @ 400 for an hour and 15 min
Mix ingredients in bowl
Pull potatoes out and scoop out insides careful not to tear skin and mix with ingredients , then refill the skins, add a little more cheese on top and pop them back in the oven at 350 for 15-30
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/19/15 04:55 PM

I love those things. I sometimes make them from leftover baked potatoes. My recipe is about the same but I don't have it written down anywhere.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/19/15 07:34 PM

sounds good. I usually add a little milk to the mix or heavy cream if I happen to have any. You can also mix in a little sour cream up
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/21/15 01:34 AM

If you brush the potato with some oil before you bake them it will crisp up the skin a little and make it easier to scoop out and put back in.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/21/15 11:09 PM

Gonna try me some of that. food
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/21/15 11:41 PM

Those minced onions from the spice section won't hurt if you have some in your pantry.
Posted By: _Lee

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/25/15 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: jetdad
If you brush the potato with some oil before you bake them it will crisp up the skin a little and make it easier to scoop out and put back in.

I normally add oil when I do bake potatoes and this recipe said don't so I didn't but I'm actually making some tonight I'm going to go ahead and do it this time
Posted By: Chris001

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/26/15 10:11 AM

Those are good, my wife adds hamburger and broccoli along with all the other goodies.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Twiced baked Potatoes - 02/26/15 04:49 PM

Rub the tater skins with olive oil and kosher salt will stick to the skin. Crunchy and salty.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum