Texas Hunting Forum

Pizza night

Posted By: Tres

Pizza night - 01/30/15 03:50 PM

Homemade dough, sauce, venison summer sausage, prosciutto, yard eggs and arugula

Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Pizza night - 01/30/15 03:53 PM

That looks great.

One of my favorites with Venison Summer sausage is to make homemade dough. Grill the summer sausage briefly on each side. Grill the dough. Once you flip the dough, spread Pesto on the done side. Top with summer sausage and brie. Brie will melt while the opposite side cooks. Delicious.

Re: Pizza night - 01/30/15 04:29 PM

That sounds good, will have to try it.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Pizza night - 01/31/15 12:49 AM

food

We do ours on the grill (also on a pizza stone). It gets a lot hotter than our oven, and it cooks in about 7 minutes.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Pizza night - 02/11/15 10:23 PM

cheers
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Pizza night - 02/12/15 01:30 AM

Looks good, but arugala? How about basil?
Posted By: conifer

Re: Pizza night - 02/12/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
Looks good, but arugala? How about basil?

ABSOTIVELY!!

Re: Pizza night - 02/12/15 03:07 PM

I like basil on it too, but my basil didn't survive the winter, and I'm too cheap to buy it. The arugula is good though if you haven't tried it before.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Pizza night - 02/13/15 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Tres
I like basil on it too, but my basil didn't survive the winter, and I'm too cheap to buy it. The arugula is good though if you haven't tried it before.

Gotta hit up central market soon. up
Posted By: _Lee

Re: Pizza night - 02/18/15 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: MeanGreen85
food

We do ours on the grill (also on a pizza stone). It gets a lot hotter than our oven, and it cooks in about 7 minutes.

We do the same, about 650-700 degrees
Posted By: AllTheAbove

Re: Pizza night - 02/18/15 12:12 PM

gosh that looks good and its just AM hours smile
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Pizza night - 02/24/15 09:39 PM

When cooking a pizza on grill do you use a metal pizza pan to cook it on? I gotta try this with venison sumner sausage.
Posted By: _Lee

Re: Pizza night - 02/25/15 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
When cooking a pizza on grill do you use a metal pizza pan to cook it on? I gotta try this with venison sumner sausage.

I use a pizza stone it's like a ceramic pan almost, you can get them at most grocery stores.

That's what the OP is using in that first picture. Also with those they say don't use soap when you wash them I beileve they may be pourus and absorb it ?

Re: Pizza night - 02/26/15 05:35 AM

I'd imagine you'd use a stone like you would with the oven. Make sure you put the stone in when you light the fire so you heat it up gradually, and yeah never use soap on it, just scrape off any crusty bits.
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Pizza night - 03/01/15 05:03 PM

Alright thanks folks, now all thats needed is a decent day to fire up pit, weather has been a b*@ch to say the least.
At least im closer to the coast and not further north.

Re: Pizza night - 03/02/15 03:46 AM

cheers Ready for some better weather myself, smokers been neglected lately.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum