Texas Hunting Forum

Chicken wings recipe needed

Posted By: P99

Chicken wings recipe needed - 01/11/15 08:47 PM

Ok pros - with the College Championship game coming tomorrow night I want to make some homemade chicken wings (drumetts and wings). I've grilled them in the past and like em' that way but I thought with this much expertise on the forum I'd ask what your favorite recipe is? Anything is possible - from rubs and grilled to baked in the oven to ....what ever.

Thanks in advance smile
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Chicken wings recipe needed - 01/11/15 10:09 PM

Extra work but have smoked them with Slap yo Mama as rub, then even though cooked already egg wash, dip in flour and fry so batter is crisp. Then coat with Franks Hot sauce. Turned out good and different. Those disappeared real quick at a party last year.

Re: Chicken wings recipe needed - 01/12/15 03:26 AM

good idea! not sure I'll have time to smoke them tomorrow but I'll have to save that for the weekend! Thanks - what else yall got?
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Chicken wings recipe needed - 01/12/15 03:44 PM

My favorite is garlic parmesan. Put them in a zip lock or lidded container (shake) with some olive oil or Italian dressing, minced garlic, garlic salt and a little black pepper. Grill on medium-high and pull them off and shake parmesan on them.

If I want hot, I'll do the same with Frank's Red Hot in a bag or container. If you want to fry them, use the hot sauce as a dredge. You can then leave them crunchy or add more hot sauce after they are fried and make them wet. cheers

Re: Chicken wings recipe needed - 01/13/15 01:13 AM

Those Garlic Parmesan sound AMAZING!!! Thanks for the suggestions! I've got some on the grill now - they'll be ready right about kick off time smile
Posted By: WBYHunter

Re: Chicken wings recipe needed - 01/14/15 03:48 AM

Bottle of crystal hot sauce and 1/2 a stick of butter, put it on the stovetop to melt the butter then put on wings and grill. It tastes like wing stops hot flavor, I love it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum