Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone have a good recipe for Leg of Lamb with mint Jelly

Posted By: Gravytrain

Anyone have a good recipe for Leg of Lamb with mint Jelly - 12/09/14 03:02 AM

My grandmother used to make a Leg of Lamb with mint jelly. It was delicious but I never did
get the recipe. It was garlicy and good with the Mint jelly. I think she used to get the bone-in,
but I spotted a 5-6 lb boneless roast on sale for $17. I'm going to give it a shot.

I'm figuring Kosher salt, Garlic powder, garlic cloves, olive oil pepper and white pepper.
500 in a 3" deep oven pan with chopped onions for 25 minutes, tent in foil then 350 til medium rare.

Serve the meat with mashed taters and gravy from the drippings, maybe some brown sugar glazed carrots.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Anyone have a good recipe for Leg of Lamb with mint Jelly - 12/09/14 01:39 PM

I've done several. Seems as if you about nailed it.

Re: Anyone have a good recipe for Leg of Lamb with mint Jelly - 12/09/14 02:36 PM

Thanks Bill. I think I'm going to add rosemary and maybe tarragon.

If it's deboned, I'm thinking it must be a rolled roast. So I'll slather the inside
with the minced garlic olive oil spice mixture and tie it up. I can't wait!!! Hope it's good.

Thinking of ways to jazz up the plain mint jelly too, maybe a little jalapeno jelly
make the whole sauce a little less think on the stove with some type of liquid, water
sounds boring maybe a touch of white wine?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anyone have a good recipe for Leg of Lamb with mint Jelly - 12/10/14 05:39 AM

Sounds good!!!

Re: Anyone have a good recipe for Leg of Lamb with mint Jelly - 12/14/14 01:50 PM

Well it was just short of a disaster. The seasoning was fine.
I even nailed medium rare. But the meat was tough, I needed to
switch kitchen knives 4 times to cut it. There was a membrane in
there that made me want to get the table saw.

The dogs...oh my gosh...my dogs went wild from the time the meat aroma
started. I have one dog Charlie, he's a good dog, never gets into trouble.
He could not keep his big head out of the trash at the end of the night.
He was pulling out all the paper towels I used to wipe my hands while
trying to cut the meat.

Anyway at least the dogs love the lamb.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum