Texas Hunting Forum

Easiest Chocolate Pie

Posted By: DannyB

Easiest Chocolate Pie - 11/30/14 04:29 AM

You won't believe this one. I am a big fan of quick easy recipes, and this is a hit. Friends and family ask for the recipe.

1 Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix
1 Keebler graham cracker crumb crust, the one that says two extra servings
Prepare the brownie mix according to directions

That is it. I cook it for 35-37 minutes. It will look wet and not done when it comes out. Let it sit.
It is the under cooking of the brownie mix that makes it a pie. At this time and temp the eggs will be safe if that is a concern. After the pie sits a little while it will set up.

Also I put the foil graham cracker crumb crust pan on this cookie sheet that is two layers of aluminum with a hollow air gap in the middle. I forgot what it is called. But this keeps from burning the crust. If I didn't have this type of cookie sheet I would probably put the foil crust pan on a cake cooling rack, sitting on a cookie sheet. Or I would try putting it on a few table knives, on a cookie sheet. The whole idea is to prevent rising heat in the oven from making direct contact with the bottom of the foil graham cracker crust and burning it.

Also, I have not tried this with a traditional pie crust. That is next.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 11/30/14 02:21 PM

You had me at Chocolate.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 12/01/14 08:42 PM

AirBake is the cookie sheet you're referencing. That sounds tasty!
Posted By: udamdan

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 12/02/14 01:25 AM

worthless
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 12/02/14 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: jdk1985
You had me at Chocolate.

X2
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 12/07/14 12:55 AM

They do make a crushed Oreo cookie pie crust you know!

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 12/07/14 03:23 AM

I had a half of a slice of this one yesterday, more than enough sugar and calories to last a week.
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/dark-chocolate-salted-caramel-oreo-pie.html
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 12/08/14 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
I had a half of a slice of this one yesterday, more than enough sugar and calories to last a week.
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/dark-chocolate-salted-caramel-oreo-pie.html

I just gained 15 lbs reading the recipe, but it sure looks good.

Re: Easiest Chocolate Pie - 12/09/14 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Okiedog

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

I just gained 15 lbs reading the recipe, but it sure looks good.

It was better than the recipe reads, it was an instant sugar chocolate fix. I would have eaten more, but I was afraid I couldn't stop.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum