Texas Hunting Forum

So I saved the Heart

Posted By: Enter Standman

So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 05:35 PM

I have heard a few on here claim that deer heart was the best cut of meat. Well, I have a fresh yearling heart.....now what?
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 05:43 PM

I cook mine the same or next day over a hot mesquite fired grill. Great eating. Cut off the top with the arteries and discard and just thinly slice it with salt and pepper. Its good just like that as a snack or in a corn tortilla with pico de gallo.
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 07:05 PM

I got a little more specific info from Youtube. I've cut out the arteries and valves. Thinly sliced them and put salt, pepper, and garlic powder on them.

Posted By: elcasador

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 07:33 PM

Thinly sliced brushed with olive oil, salt & pepper. Cook in a skillet about a min on each side and it's done. My kids love it too!
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 08:31 PM

yep elcasador.... I was shocked but my kids really liked it to. Really is one of the best cuts of meat just not much of it.
Posted By: erniejs

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 09:20 PM

Makes good fajitas
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 09:33 PM

Slice it up, roll in flour salt and pepper, fry til golden brown. splash green Tabasco on it...mmmmm...good.
Posted By: booger

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 10:05 PM

I always try to save the heart!! EVO, salt, pepper, fresh peppers/garlic and it's a meal fit for a KING!!
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: So I saved the Heart - 11/03/14 10:44 PM

Damnit wanted to save the hearts but failed to do so. Two more tags left this year. Will definitely do it on one or both, as long as the hearts survive.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum