Texas Hunting Forum

Subway

Posted By: bill oxner

Subway - 12/01/17 01:10 AM

Have you ever?

Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 01:16 AM

I got food poisoning at Subway a couple years ago. If I never eat at Subway again it will be too soon.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 01:59 AM

Too many better places to eat out there....
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 02:18 AM

I’ve eaten way more subway sandwiches than I can count.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 02:20 AM

We do, it is convenient and fast. Especially on the road, a lot of gas locations have a Subway inside, while one fills the car, the other gets a meal and we can be back on the road.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 02:43 AM

I don't like the way they handle the food. Too easy to get cross contamination. Sounds like TexasKC got a little taste of it.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 03:33 AM

That place has become a joke, they have really become chinchy with the amount of meat and veggies they put on. I will only eat there if it’s a last resort.
Posted By: BigCohiba

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 03:35 AM

Had their Reuben last time it was out. Terrible. Don't waste your time or money on it.
Posted By: ralph

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 05:16 PM

I've eaten my share but fewer as the years go by.

I've never seen a Subway sandwich with anywhere close to the amount of meat they show in their ads. I bet the sandwich in that picture has more corned beef than you would find on 6-8 actual Reubens at any given Subway.

Too many other good sandwich chains now i.e. Firehouse, Which Wich, Potbelly's.

Now I only eat at Subway out of desperation grin
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Subway - 12/01/17 06:35 PM

Which which for the win.
Quiznos not bad either
Posted By: majekman

Re: Subway - 12/06/17 05:54 PM

Had a Firemans sub the other day. Not bad at all
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Subway - 12/06/17 07:04 PM

I'll take a subway sandwhich any day over jimmy johns, but I'm not a big sandwhich guy. The only sandwhich I'll actually enjoy is Sunbeam Texas Giant/Ham&Turkey fix up at the lease with some fresh tomatoes.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Subway - 12/07/17 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: DPirates80
I'll take a subway sandwhich any day over jimmy johns, but I'm not a big sandwhich guy. The only sandwhich I'll actually enjoy is Sunbeam Texas Giant/Ham&Turkey fix up at the lease with some fresh tomatoes.

Blasphemy!
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Subway - 12/07/17 03:06 AM

I like the tuna and the Italian BMD. What does BMD stand for?

Re: Subway - 12/07/17 03:29 AM

BMT...I meant BMT. And I googled. Stands for “Bigger, Meatier, Tastier”. Well, now I know.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Subway - 12/12/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: DPirates80

Got to agree, I thought jimmy johns sucked. I have been a fan of subway since I tried my first one a long time ago. I find most of their special sandwiches like the ruben etc. to look better than they taste. I like their tuna spicy Italian and a couple others a lot though.

Re: Subway - 12/12/17 11:22 PM

Get the italian with peppers at jimmy johns. Their bread does not smell like dirty feet either.....which is a plus.
I walk out of subway and smell like an old shoe.
Posted By: CB09

Re: Subway - 12/13/17 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: topwater13
Get the italian with peppers at jimmy johns. Their bread does not smell like dirty feet either.....which is a plus.
I walk out of subway and smell like an old shoe.

I get the same thing and it is fantastic.

Re: Subway - 12/13/17 03:10 PM

I understand the smell sticking to you but its fresh baked bread nothing like a shoe.

Re: Subway - 12/13/17 03:25 PM

Another huge turn off for me is when someone walks in there and makes multiple orders. Then just to really make that blade turn in the gut is when they make an individual transaction for each sandwich.

Re: Subway - 12/13/17 03:55 PM

Subway is a franchise isn't it? They are not all run the same way. Even in my area there are some subways that make a sandwich that is twice as good as some of the others. Some are always out of all but 1 kind of bread. Some will put 2 tomatoes on a foot long if you don't say anything on the other hand some make a good sandwich.

It can be a major PITA when someone comes in with a multiple sandwich order etc.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Subway - 12/13/17 06:19 PM

Arby's ftw

Re: Subway - 12/14/17 11:54 AM

Ha! I've baked all types of bread and it smells nothing like subway. Lots of restaurants make fresh bread all day long....how come only subway stinks? roflmao roflmao

Re: Subway - 12/14/17 04:27 PM

I don't think it stinks confused2
Posted By: rickym

Re: Subway - 12/14/17 09:03 PM

Subway sucks! Give Potbelly a try Bill.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Subway - 12/21/17 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Herbie Hancock
Another huge turn off for me is when someone walks in there and makes multiple orders. Then just to really make that blade turn in the gut is when they make an individual transaction for each sandwich.

I agree.
The worst is when someone orders a salad bowl.
They get out their star wars cutting tool and it takes hours to make.

Re: Subway - 12/21/17 01:41 AM

I might have mentioned this before, but I had a friend, Dave, that had several Subway locations. He was making a load of money. He said the secret to his success was hiring a lot of really cute, really well built, high school girls to work there. His locations were always packed at lunch.

Re: Subway - 12/21/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
I might have mentioned this before, but I had a friend, Dave, that had several Subway locations. He was making a load of money. He said the secret to his success was hiring a lot of really cute, really well built, high school girls to work there. His locations were always packed at lunch.

I haven't seen any such employee at a Subway in years; its usually the opposite.
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Subway - 12/21/17 03:34 PM

Our local subway was ran by Indians from India and the girls they had were not hot. It smelled good though, considering the usual horrid stench of them guys from not bathing. Now its American ran, and they have some high school girls in there now working.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Subway - 12/21/17 03:48 PM

I spent 15 years on commercial jobsites eating sandwiches 3-4 days a week. I am now anti-sammich. Only time I like a sandwich is if I have a fresh tomato to go on it.
Posted By: JLP83

Re: Subway - 12/23/17 07:13 AM

I prefer Jimmy Johns and Jersey Mikes as far as chain joints go.
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Subway - 12/23/17 01:59 PM

The consumer has passed judgement on Subway as they closed over 900 locations in 2017 on top of hundreds closed in 2016.
A real Rueben is on Rye bread, not white. Subway Fail.

Re: Subway - 12/23/17 02:53 PM

I spend a lot of time in Small Town, Texas. Sometimes Subway is the only choice
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Subway - 12/23/17 04:11 PM

subway sucks!!

fire house subs all the way

jimmy johns, if there isn't a firehouse in 50 miles

Re: Subway - 12/23/17 10:34 PM

You’d drive 50 miles for a sandwich? bang Sometimes it’s that far out of town to my job site. You’d get pretty hungry wink
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Subway - 12/24/17 04:48 AM

Eat Subway all the time, but prefer Jimmy Johns. Jimmy John's is a bit more expensive.

Re: Subway - 12/24/17 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Eat Subway all the time, but prefer Jimmy Johns. Jimmy John's is a bit more expensive.

It’s worth the cost of an actually good sandwich that has the appropriate amount of meat/vegetable ratio to bread.
Posted By: Couzin

Re: Subway - 12/26/17 02:25 AM

Spent my pre-teen, teen, and most of my adult life in the sub/hogie/grinder region from DC, Maryland, Delaware, Philadelphia, Jersey, and NY city. What is being sold today around here is not even passable. Closest I ever got was Billadelphia's, God rest it's soul, really great cheese steaks if you could get the cooks to understand 'onions first, meat on top'...
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Subway - 12/27/17 04:39 PM

Subway is ok, and it's a healthy choice relative to most other fast food. But I have eaten there ten million times and just can no longer drag myself in their doors. They should pay me millions of dollars like they did jared. And as a bonus I'm not a pedophile. I'm a hunter. I would wear camo in the commercials too. I'm thinking some good old MODB.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Subway - 12/27/17 04:48 PM

Son-in-law owns a Lenny's franchise. I think they have some decent, healthy choices.

Every Subway I've ever been in the kids working seem depressed to be there and I get behind the lady with the list from the office of what all her high-maintenance co-workers want on their sandwiches.

Re: Subway - 12/27/17 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Son-in-law owns a Lenny's franchise. I think they have some decent, healthy choices.

Every Subway I've ever been in the kids working seem depressed to be there and I get behind the lady with the list from the office of what all her high-maintenance co-workers want on their sandwiches.

Ive seen a few pretty happy subway workers. On a few occasions when the only workers were 2 boy/girl highschool aged kids working. Rang the bell for service and heard some shuffling around in back then out came the guy adjusting his clothing as he walked and a few minutes later here came the girl doing the same and then her hair lol.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Subway - 12/27/17 10:40 PM

Lenny's had a decent sandwich the couple of times that I went to one, but they don't have jalapenos as an option. Sorry, if you're going to do business in Texas, you need to offer jalapenos. All they had was some kind of sweet hot pepper mix.
This was the one in Rockwall a couple of years ago.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Subway - 12/27/17 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Fat Tire

Lenny's had a decent sandwich the couple of times that I went to one, but they don't have jalapenos as an option. Sorry, if you're going to do business in Texas, you need to offer jalapenos. All they had was some kind of sweet hot pepper mix.
This was the one in Rockwall a couple of years ago.

You can get enough jalepeños at this one to rip you a new one. Bandera y 1604, en San Antonio, Tejas!
Posted By: mfv

Re: Subway - 01/02/18 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Have you ever?

yes, Nasty.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum