Texas Hunting Forum

Other food at Mary's Cafe

Posted By: booger

Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/11/17 09:29 PM

My family finally convinced me to take them to Mary's yesterday. I've been a number of times and think it pretty good but with 3 of them order CFS I took another route... the large fried gizzard dinner! WOW... at least 150 gizzards on the plate and that's a very conservative estimate. The question is, were they good? HELL YES!!! These might have been the best I've ever eaten and I ate them ALL but couldn't touch the fries!! They might have been the best $10 I've ever spent.

We had a couple of things before the meal, cheese pepper poppers and fried green beans:
Peppers were so so out of a box and the beans were a little better. Believe it or not my 2 boys, 12 and 10, knocked out the large and medium cfs with sides and then had a slice of pie! Chocolate and lemon for them and my wife had coconut. All theee were really good, I was stuffed and only had a taste of each.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/11/17 10:47 PM

I got to give it a try soon.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/11/17 11:02 PM

The gizzards are great. That's all I ever order there. When I take my dad to eat up there it always pisses him off because it takes about twenty minutes extra for them to get the gizzards out. It's worth the extra time to listen to him bitch while we drink another beer.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/11/17 11:55 PM

Do they have have chicken livers?
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/11/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: scalebuster
The gizzards are great. That's all I ever order there. When I take my dad to eat up there it always pisses him off because it takes about twenty minutes extra for them to get the gizzards out. It's worth the extra time to listen to him bitch while we drink another beer.

Lmao!!
Posted By: Cast

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/12/17 03:15 PM

Love 'em.

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/12/17 05:14 PM

Yes, they have both livers and gizzards. Waitress said a close third is the beef liver. Not my cup of tea but she claims that a lot of people love it.

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/12/17 05:14 PM

Yes, they have both livers and gizzards. Waitress said a close third is the beef liver. Not my cup of tea but she claims that a lot of people love it.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/12/17 10:40 PM

Don't let TwinBubba see this post!
Posted By: 3 alarm bbq

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/12/17 11:56 PM

Try the downtown. It comes with cfs, and enchiladas. It is VERY good.

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/13/17 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen

roflmao

I still think he got jilted by one of the waitress up there, cannot be that much hate over food bolt
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/13/17 09:57 PM

Where the hell is Mary's?
Posted By: Bmnloader

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/13/17 10:15 PM

It is about 4 miles north of I20 at the Strawn exit, just east of Ranger hill
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/14/17 02:09 PM

The gizzards and livers sounds good up

But next time try their hamburger steak food

You can thank me later cheers
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/15/17 07:11 PM

Great calf fries there too. Also have had their grilled pork chops. About half the time I'll order Mexican food.
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/15/17 07:14 PM

The Burgers are huge and agree the calf fries are really good.

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/18/17 11:38 PM

I asked the waitress if the calf fries were sliced or chunks... I don't like the chunks! She had no idea and said she sells very few of the them so I passed. Burgers looked great and are HUGE!
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 06/28/17 11:35 PM

Anyone that eats chicken livers, calf fries and gizzards should love Mary's, cause all they serve is discussing food.

barf

Couldn't let my fans down. clap
Posted By: Earl

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 07/06/17 08:52 PM

It's become a mainstay for me when going to see my parents in Lubbock. I'll probably die eating one of their CFS - and no bubba it's not because it is "discussing"..sorry, couldn't resist! smile

Re: Other food at Mary's Cafe - 07/06/17 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen

roflmao

I still think he got jilted by one of the waitress up there, cannot be that much hate over food bolt
Originally Posted By: twinbubba
Anyone that eats chicken livers, calf fries and gizzards should love Mary's, cause all they serve is discussing food.

barf

Originally Posted By: twinbubba

barf

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum