Texas Hunting Forum

Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday

Posted By: Stub

Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/19/17 08:55 PM

Need help please finding good shrimp & crab at a decent price in the N.Dallas, Richardson, Plano area? All suggestions are certainly appreciated!
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/19/17 09:02 PM

Check out Captain Dave's off plano parkway between 75 and alma - great guy been running that shop forever, quality stuff
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/19/17 10:55 PM

I'll give a good tip on a place, if you send address and time of the sit down.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/19/17 11:05 PM

damn that sounds good! cheers

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/20/17 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: HoldPoint
Check out Captain Dave's off plano parkway between 75 and alma - great guy been running that shop forever, quality stuff

Will do, thank you!
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/21/17 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: HoldPoint

I will check it out.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/21/17 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Need help please finding good shrimp & crab at a decent price in the N.Dallas, Richardson, Plano area? All suggestions are certainly appreciated!

Have you shopped the Asian Grocery stores.

Best shrimp is from Ranch 99 at Spring Creek and Legacy, they have 7 variety, I always get the one that say wild caught from USA, it runs 6.99 to 7.99 per lb and comes with head on, I have become spoiled to wild shrimp vs farm raised.

I think they carry live crabs there. If not go to Jusgo Supermarket basically at Legacy/75. They had all kind of live seafood, last week I saw live frogs, softshell turtles and bass and crabs for sale.

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/21/17 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Best shrimp is from Ranch 99 at Spring Creek and Legacy, they have 7 variety, I always get the one that say wild caught from USA, it runs 6.99 to 7.99 per lb and comes with head on, I have become spoiled to wild shrimp vs farm raised.

I think they carry live crabs there. If not go to Jusgo Supermarket basically at Legacy/75. They had all kind of live seafood, last week I saw live frogs, softshell turtles and bass and crabs for sale.

Sounds interesting, will check it out.
Love watching Andrew Zimmern Bizarre foods show, the asian grocery stores he goes into have some fascinating items.
Posted By: Heavy T

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/21/17 01:25 PM

Here is a thought for the day.

If you go to the Asian stores it's always best to see it alive , because you never know what it could be if is already processed.

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/21/17 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

Thanks RR, Ranch 99 was a winner up
20-25 count shrimp $6.49 lb, got 6 lbs, bought 4 packages of Snow Crab legs that looks meaty and I am set!

Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Having a Shrimp & Crab Boil This Friday - 04/23/17 04:34 AM

clap food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum