Texas Hunting Forum

Sonny Bryan's BBQ

Posted By: BigPig

Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/19/17 07:18 PM

Man what a disappointment this was. Been open since 1910, I honestly do not see how.
I ordered the 2 meat plate, sliced brisket and pulled pork, BBQ beans and fries.

Brisket was grey in color, tough, and lacked anything that resembled a smoked flavor.
Pulled pork was no different than the brisket, except it had an acidy taste.
Beans were decent, on par with Bushes.
Fries were on par with McDonalds.

For as good as it smells, and all the smoke I see rolling out the back 24 hrs a day, you would think the meat would have a hint of smoke flavor.
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/19/17 07:25 PM

Yeah I have never liked Sonny Bryan's BBQ. Hutchins is the way to go even though I want to roll out and try 407 one of these days.
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/19/17 08:00 PM

Which location?
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/19/17 08:05 PM

Even the original location on Inwood has gone downhill the last decade or so. It used to be pretty good barbecue, but it has gotten worse over the years and newer DFW BBQ joints have really stepped up their game in the BBQ world.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/19/17 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
Even the original location on Inwood has gone downhill the last decade or so. It used to be pretty good barbecue, but it has gotten worse over the years and newer DFW BBQ joints have really stepped up their game in the BBQ world.

Fond memories of going to the Inwood location back in the 70's- 90's and having a cold longneck with it.
Part of the problem is the BBQ nowadays has gotten so much better, SB and other older chains are living in the past.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/19/17 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: PKnTX
Which location?

Inwood
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/20/17 03:09 AM

20 years ago that Inwood location was the best BBQ in Dallas. But that was 20 years ago.
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/21/17 12:11 AM

Brisket is usually decent. The box-o-rib tips on Saturday is the only reason to go.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Sonny Bryan's BBQ - 04/23/17 12:12 AM

Davids bbq in Arlington is from that family. Love his Q!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum