Texas Hunting Forum

Tried Rosa's

Posted By: Stub

Tried Rosa's - 10/25/16 08:43 PM

again today for their Tuesday tacos for only $4.75 you get 3 tacos hard shell or soft with rice & beans, flour tortilla and a couple of chips. I had two beef (hamburger meat) and a chicken. For $4.75 its a good quantity value, but the meat is tasteless even with hot sauce. No mas on the Rosas for this gringo. Its not bad, its just not good!
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Tried Rosa's - 10/26/16 10:36 AM

Have you noticed they put potatoes in their meat? Little cubed ones I guess for filler.

The tacos are pretty good, and I get the nachos from time to time other than that it's a grade above McDonalds
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Tried Rosa's - 10/26/16 02:53 PM

I haven't been to a Rosa's since leaving Lubbock, I knew it wasn't of the best food out there, but the price point for a college student was great.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Tried Rosa's - 10/26/16 03:37 PM

Why do they charge extra for cheese on their beef burritos but not on their bean burritos? They should all come with cheese.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Tried Rosa's - 10/26/16 10:57 PM

I've been to Rosa's twice..... first time and last time.
Posted By: Screwdriver

Re: Tried Rosa's - 10/27/16 10:41 AM

I like their flour tortillas. Haven't found anything else on their menu that would make we want to stop there.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Tried Rosa's - 10/28/16 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Screwdriver
I like their flour tortillas. Haven't found anything else on their menu that would make we want to stop there.

This....the only people I know that LOVE Rosa's are mostly women, and ALL flour tortilla hounds. They order their plate of tacos/nachos/whatever plus a dozen torillas. I do not get it. Their salsa is not great either. I am out if the salsa sucks.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Tried Rosa's - 11/18/16 04:31 AM

Overrated
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Tried Rosa's - 11/21/16 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Overrated

Agreed.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Tried Rosa's - 11/21/16 01:31 AM

I like Rosas.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Tried Rosa's - 12/07/16 03:08 AM

I love Rosa's, but then I love Joe T's, too! grin
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Tried Rosa's - 12/09/16 04:03 PM

At one time I was a pretty big fan of Rosa's. I am not a fast food guy and considered this somewhere in the middle between Taco Bell and a nice sit down eating joint. Plus my kids really like it.

However the last 2 to 3 times the food hasn't been good at all. I think it has run its course.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Tried Rosa's - 12/12/16 03:57 AM

Rosa's in Murphy is good. Not sure what you guys are complaining about. Is it "LA Hacienda" or Pappacitos, no. Its good food for the money.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Tried Rosa's - 12/12/16 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Leonardo
At one time I was a pretty big fan of Rosa's. I am not a fast food guy and considered this somewhere in the middle between Taco Bell and a nice sit down eating joint. Plus my kids really like it.

However the last 2 to 3 times the food hasn't been good at all. I think it has run its course.

pretty much the same as Taco Cabana.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Tried Rosa's - 12/12/16 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted By: Leonardo

pretty much the same as Taco Cabana.

Same money bigger portions and better condiments, of coarse that's just IMO
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Tried Rosa's - 12/13/16 07:31 PM

Never ate at one outside of Odessa/Midland area but down here they are great standby for decent food at good price and doesn't take long. Same owner as Taco Villa and Texas Burger and those are two great standbys for school kids to eat and get back to class. But we do have more mom and pop spanish food places here in west Texas than you can shake a stick at. The big chains are just bland and made for the unknowing dinners.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum