Texas Hunting Forum

Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX

Posted By: bobcat1

Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/11/16 11:21 PM

I went to the Hole in The Wall in Newcastle Saturday at lunch. I made a huge mistake and ordered a double meat cheeseburger and fries. The fries were just fries but that burger hurt me. I'll never order a double again. There is a pound of meat on the double. I did eat it all but I hurt 3-4 hours. It was absolutely delicious.

My brother loved his single cheeseburger and Chris my buddy had a Chili Cheeseburger and said it was the best one he has ever eaten. I give it a a 2 thumbs up.

We went to the liquor store and when Chris came back to the pickup he said the Lady asked him if he had been to the Hole in The Wall. He told her yes but asked how she knew. She said I can smell the grease and smoke on you. It is the epitome of a greasy spoon cafe. No health food that I saw.

up up I'll go back. Kinda wanted to try the Chicken Fried steak. Probably will next time.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/12/16 01:06 AM

Love the place but the cig smoke is bad in there. Gotta sit in the front section of takee outee.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/12/16 02:06 AM

We stop at Hole in the Wall when up that way. Good food and hospitality. Cig smoke can be strong, but adds to the .....ambiance.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/12/16 11:33 PM

Been eating there for years. The owner Bob is a hoot. Great burger and the best iced tea in Texas.
I made the mistake of ordering the hog burger once. It took me, my wife and my lab to finish it.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/12/16 11:55 PM

We ate there a few times when we hunted right outside of Newcastle. Interesting atmosphere but the food was greasy and plentiful. Just what we were looking for.

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/13/16 03:25 AM

Bob is a hoot. He had his Zero U paraphernalia on Saturday. Lets just say he was happy.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/15/16 11:55 PM

Good place to get a burger. There is usually a couple of old locals in there talking about all the fights they have been in.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/18/16 06:31 PM

Been there a couple if times, good grub up
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/20/16 01:37 AM

Good eats, the single is good enough for me. Don't forget they sponsor a buck contest as well, some nice ones over the years fun to look at the season pictures of the contestants' harvests.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/31/16 03:48 AM

I ate there once and had to get treatment to clear my lungs from the Marlboro man sitting next to me
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 10/31/16 06:50 PM

Yepper,
Have no desire to eat in a place that smells like a Ashtray barf

Re: Hole in the Wall Cafe in Newcastle, TX - 11/02/16 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Yepper,
Have no desire to eat in a place that smells like a Ashtray barf
They have a drive thru. You could then go eat at the park. roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum