Texas Hunting Forum

kings inn

Posted By: Buzzsaw

kings inn - 01/17/16 02:41 AM

in Kingsville///still there? still great?
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: kings inn - 01/17/16 04:27 AM

Yep still very good?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: kings inn - 01/17/16 03:30 PM

Little story. We were quail hunting on a ranch 10 miles west of Falfurrias. We fell into a bottle of Whisky after the hunt and someone decided that the Kings Inn was close. We drank our way over there and had a great dinner. I was sleeping it off in the back seat of the car when we got back to the gate. It was a common gate for our ranch and the KBR aka Brown&Root quail lease. Our headlights alighted two pickups back to back, passing what looked like five pound bags of sugar from one truck to another. One of the trucks was a border patrol truck, and the other was a KBR hunting truck. One of our drunks asked if we could help? Someone from another truck pointed a gun and said, "you'd better get out of here." I called the Feds when I got back home but didn't give them my contact information.
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: kings inn - 01/17/16 03:31 PM

Fried by the pound, my kind of place.

Posted By: Cast

Re: kings inn - 01/17/16 04:52 PM

I remember King's Inn from my USN deployment to NAS Kingsville in '71.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: kings inn - 01/17/16 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Little story. We were quail hunting on a ranch 10 miles west of Falfurrias. We fell into a bottle of Whisky after the hunt and someone decided that the Kings Inn was close. We drank our way over there and had a great dinner. I was sleeping it off in the back seat of the car when we got back to the gate. It was a common gate for our ranch and the KBR aka Brown&Root quail lease. Our headlights alighted two pickups back to back, passing what looked like five pound bags of sugar from one truck to another. One of the trucks was a border patrol truck, and the other was a KBR hunting truck. One of our drunks asked if we could help? Someone from another truck pointed a gun and said, "you'd better get out of here." I called the Feds when I got back home but didn't give them my contact information.

I emailed this link to my neighbor who was in the car. Here was his reply

"Boy do I...I looked down that barrel and I didn't give a crap what they were doing.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 17, 2016, at 9:32 AM, Bill Oxner wrote.

Hey Bubba, do you remember the trip? Bill

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6139743#Post6139743"

Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: kings inn - 01/18/16 02:38 AM

Glad to hear others enjoy the Kings Inn. Try to make it at least once a year.
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: kings inn - 01/20/16 03:50 PM

just ate there this last Saturday food was, as always, fantastic....
Posted By: Pointer

Re: kings inn - 01/21/16 11:21 PM

Kings Inn is still as great as it always was, and is located not in Kingsville, but about 15 minutes south on 77, and then about 10 minutes east at Loyola Beach..as it always has been. There is a billboard marking where you turn off U.S. 77 to go to Kings Inn. Enjoy! Worth the trip?? Oh yeah!

You might want to try the Baffin Bay cafe at Riviera Beach as well, while you are in the area. Seafood by the plate rather than by the pound or 1/2 pound. But great fresh seafood as well. Turn off 77 at Riviera, and drive east as far as you can go. You are in the Parking lot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum